Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

WE GOT A HOT ONE TONITE!!!!! Kelly and Carrie Perform!!!!

OK, 30 seconds after my last post I found this at tmz.com. They got the WHOLE scoop on tonite's finale.
----------
TMZ has learned that Kelly -- and all winners from seasons past, except Fantasia -- will be back performing on the "American Idol" stage for tonight's finale.

Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Carrie Underwood and Taylor Hicks are headed to the Kodak Theater, but Fantasia Barrino won't be, since she is headlining Oprah Winfrey's production of "The Color Purple" on Broadway.

Sources tell TMZ Gladys Knight will perform "Midnight Train to Georgia" with the top six female finalists, while Smokey Robinson will join the top six male finalists for a rendition of "Ooh Baby Baby." Most recently booted finalist Melinda Doolittle will sing with brother and sister gospel duo BeBe and CeCe Winans, while the hairiffic Sanjaya duets with Aerosmith's Joe Perry to the Kinks' "You Really Got Me." It's sure to be an unbeweavable night!
Beat-boxing finalist Blake Lewis will show off his mad skillz against rapper Doug E. Fresh, and then duet with fellow finalist and probable winner, Jordin Sparks, to the Beatles' "I Saw Her Standing There." Since producers were able to finally get clearance to use Beatles music, a medley of Fab Four hits will be performed as well.
Luckily, we're told no one is expected to be exhumed a la Elvis on tonight's finale!
UPDATE: A well-placed source tells TMZ that anti-establishment rockers Green Day sold out and will be on the "American Idiot" "Idol" finale too!
I SIMPLY CANNOT WAIT. AND BONUS THAT FAN-SPAZ-MIC couldn't make it. Can't wait until Princess Sparky Smiles gets her wig crowned and I only wish they would make it like the Miss America pageant where Kelly would put on the crown and Carrie would hand her flowers. Wouldn't that be so stupid, yet so freakin' funny? And Ryan could sing "There she is... Miss American Idol..." hee hee. I know, lame. But I'm losing my mind with giddiness at the news of Kelly and Carrie.
More later.

2 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

It was appropriate for Blake to sing Maroon Five's song last night, because he's right, "She will be loved".

I'm watching the final right now, don't worry, Cole, I won't spoil anything for ya. Except that you will see Tailor Hicks.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I've only been able to see the final half hour of the show tonight. So, Cole, fill me in on all the details after you watch the show.

I'm getting ready to find out who takes the crown in about 2 minutes.

...don't worry, I won't tell you.