Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Trailer Hicks has a new Chick

Ooh, shade my eyes. It's Trailer Hicks in Hawaii..with his new chick.
Here's the scoop verbatim from People.com
------
Does Taylor Hicks have a new girlfriend?

The American Idol winner – and PEOPLE'S 2006 Most Eligible Bachelor – was photographed last week on a Hawaii beach with a bikini-clad blonde, later identified as Caroline Lyders, a morning anchor at Milwaukee's ABC affiliate WISN.

When asked about Hicks by local magazine onmilwaukee.com, Lyders, who first met Hicks when she interviewed him in March, played coy. "Taylor and I are friends," she told reporter Bobby Tanzilo on Wednesday, "and as a journalist I respect your asking. But beyond that, I'd rather not comment on my personal life."

Hicks, too, has been private about his love life – even keeping his closest friends in the dark about Lyders. "I don't know about any new girlfriend," one of his friends tells PEOPLE. "But I'm not surprised. Taylor always had girls following him even before he ever became famous."

A rep from J Records, the singer's label, says they do not comment on their client's private lives.

Still, Hicks' willingness to be seen in public with Lyders is a good sign. "He is a romantic when it comes to women, and he treats them with respect," says the friend. "So to be seen out in public with this girl makes me know that he likes her, because that's just how he is."

Hicks has always known what he was looking for in a woman. "She's gotta be cool," he told PEOPLE in June. "She's gotta be easy to get along with. And deep. Shallow does not turn me on at all."

3 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Good for him. He does seem like a good guy, I'm sure he does treat his women well.

Now he has someone he can play his harmonica for...and dance funny with around the house.

Lu said...

dude i am blind now after seeing this pic.

Christina said...

I'm with Lu -- I was blinded by that grossness. All those people saying he looked like Clooney should never be allowed to invoke the name of his hotness George again.