Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My Final Recap of Season 6...WEST COAST SPOILER ALERT

I actually get the East Coast feed into my house...so I get to see the show a little earlier than West Coast peeps, if I am home from work early enough. Today I strategically worked from home, therefore, the minute my husband and Queen Lee Lee and I finished dinner, we sat down for 2 hours of bliss. And we were not disappointed. If you are looking at my blog and don't know the winner yet, STOP READING NOW.

So, first of all, I must say, the judges and Ryan look spectacular. Also, I am not blogging in real time, as I wanted to watch the show tonite, not stare at the screen. So, here's what I remember loving about the show.
1. Kelly Clarkson performed TWICE. I am not 100% behind that new song, but I have heard her sing it 4 times now, and I have it downloaded, and this was her BEST performance. She rocked it.
2. Carrie Underwood was so freakin' hot it was unbeeelievable.
3. Green Day - very cool.
4. Jordin and the Velvet Teddy Bear - great duet
5. Blake and the Beat boxer guy...very cool, very entertaining
6. J Hud in audience
7. KiKi and Gladys Knight
8. Gina Gloxsen lost like 50 lbs. She's a stick.

Mixed reviews:
1. All the Beatles music...a little overkill. Like too much
2. Montages with 6 boys and 6 girls
3. Antonella and her friend...clowning her.
4. Clive Davis - dead to me really, but he did prop Daughtry and Underwood
5. Bette Midler - love Divine Miss M, but connection to Idol is ??? She is replacing Celine in Vegas, and Celine sang with Dead Elvis, so let's bring on Bette? Huh Sang bad too. Bad vibes for Caesars Palace. They'll be giving out tickets at Jack-in-the-box with the purchase of an antennae ball.
6. Too many Fox show celebrities in the audience
7. Weird MIA idols - Pickler, Aiken and McPhee. Like they didn't exist.

Hated It:
1. What can possibly cancel out the hotness of Joe Perry? I mean freakin' Aerosmith Hotness...need I say it. Sjayjay.
2. Close ups on Constantine
3. Stupid Golden Awards and the fat chicken lady
4. Melinda and the Winans. Not so hot.
5. The Hasselhof in the audience, instead of rehab
6. Justin Guiarini closeup UGH

And the winner is my girl JORDIN. Can I just say, I cried. She was beautiful. It was kind of anticlimatic because she won by a landslide. You know it. Even Blake knew it. What a great guy. I'm so happy my person won for a change. Sort of takes the sting out of losing Daughtry last year.

Well, party peeps... I'll write all the fun stuff I find about the show tomorrow. I give the show 4 Carries and 4 Daughtrys...I guess that's cool. It's all good in the neighborhood. Again, I thank everyone who joined the blogpound this year. Stick with us, we ain't goin' nowhere. I'll be seeing Kelly C in concert in July, and who knows when I might run into an idol on my trip to LA.
Love to you all....whoo hoo... JORDIN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to AmyB who wins the office pool. Sorry Lu :(

xoxox
ColeyB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coley,

Great job, great fun reading your crazed blog! Listening to Jordin sing her victory song right now...good for her! Good for you!

Hope to see you soon....XOXO
Vallejo's Barefoot Contessa

Lu said...

As sad as I am that i lost the office pool...victory was so sweet even for the brief second i had it in my mind....

I am so happy for Jordin--anyone who has that much passion for what she wants at such a young age deserves all the fame and accolades. I have a feeling we won't ever see Jordin shaving her head and making poor baby daddy choices. At least I hope we won't. I think she's got a good head on her shoulders and she'll keep it together.

Congrats on the win Amy...That's why I am only the Princess, and you are the Queen. :)

Cole...thanks for entertaining the heck out of me this season. I can't wait for the new blog!