Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Stop the presses, they tried to censor PINK on Idol

Snore. Who cares? American Idol can draw criticism from the weirdest places. It would have been BIGGER news if Pink had given them the finger and they had to scramble and have Sanjaya come back as a guest singer to fill her place. HA HA. That one cracked me up. Ok, gather yourself up Cole.

Here's the posting on TMZ.com. You know, I am still searching for a reliable resource for scoop. TMZ is "meh".

----------

American Idol" may be able to tell their contestants what they can and can't sing, but they can't censor P!nk!

P!nk's pre-taped performance of her song "Who Knew" is scheduled to air tonight on "Idol" (after being bumped from the "Idol Gives Back" charity episode), but TMZ has learned that the pop star was originally set to sing her current racy hit, "U + Ur Hand."

We're told when the "Idol" powers-that-be realized the song made references to self-love, they asked P!nk to alter the lyrics to make them more appropriate for the "family-friendly" show. You know, like an exhumed Elvis! Well-placed sources tell TMZ that P!nk wasn't willing to compromise her artistic integrity (you go girl!) and agreed to sing her last single, "Who Knew," instead.

--------------

Now if I could re-write that last sentence to their article, I would have said...
"Pink, not being a stupid bitch, realized that an American Idol appearance translates to big cash and ergo.. her being able to flop her ass on a beach for the next six months and not work ONE day. It's a big payola, AI brings the money to YOUR bank in a big fat truck and backs it up to your loading dock. Therefore, Pink said "Sure, I'll sing another song for you." Smart girl, and Pink is one of my favorite colors." Is it true she is went to school in South Bend, Indiana at Notre Dame? Seems odd.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah,Pink has "rich Catholic kid" written all over her. The only way she attends Notre Dame is by working food service(or the football team). Then again, she sings about "self love" and ND worships the Virgin Mary. Hmmm, maybe there is a connection.

Anonymous said...

Did Jeffro get voted off?

Anonymous said...

Ever heard of Witness Protection Program? No further comments at this time.

Christina said...

Hee! I'm in full agreement. Pink's like, "my husband's tattoo parlor isn't making a huge amount of money" (did I just admit to occasionally watching that bullshit Inked show on A&E featuring Cory "No, not that Corey" Hart? I think I did. I'm ashamed. Hey, it's not like I watch Growing Up Gotti or whatever it is...well, unless you count the first season. Shut-up...I swear I only watch A&E for Bill Kurtis and Intervention (that is some hardcore stuff right there...best anti-drug PSA EVER)) and then realizes, shit, I haven't had a hit since 2002/early '03...I'm not aging that well, might as well do Idol, even though I wouldn't let them use my songs and pretend to be too punk rock for everything, even though I've been a sell-out from day one and despite my attempts to paint Christina Aguilera as a diva on the set of Lady Marmalade, Lil' Kim (who as we know from her stint in jail, for you know PERJURY, doesn't take shit from anyone) decided to do a song with her on her album and Missy E invites her to all her parties instead of me. I'm a poor man's Gwen Stefani, and if someone with actual street cred can feel forced to do Idol (sidenote - is Gwen not the coolest white girl ever? She's never hidden the fact that she's a little rich bitch from Orange County in a ska band, and the hip-hop community loves her, just because she's so damn cool. I heart Gwen), I can too.

That was parenthetical hell. Sorry.