Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Barry Gibb Tumbles For Ya'

I almost forgot to share this scoop with y'all. Hopey calls me today. She hears on her morning drive to work some guy calls in to an LA talk show that was at the live taping of Weds. nights show. Anyway, unbeknownst to the home viewing audience (that's us for those slow on the uptake) because we are at commercial break, Barry finished singing (generously that's what we are going to call it)...and he goes to walk off the stage and chooses to fall off of it instead. Yep, right into the orchestra pit. you know the one I said Melinda will fall into on the Idol Tour? Barry decided to show her how it's done. LOL.
Rumor was already swirling that he seemed a little drunk before the show started. Yep, a little nipper and a slipper and over the edge you go, coming to with a clarinet up your ass. Priceless. Thanks for scoop Hopey.

4 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Barry's performance really wasn't that great (as I know you agree). I think any of the remaining contestants could have done the song better.

But, Barry is still a living legend.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I wonder if she can still do all this? One things for sure, she used to do some great "Pop". Here's three of my favorites from her glorious past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF3uOLZadXc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4uc0xlmnS8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbknGnZXHUk

Funny story. A while back, I was at Blockbuster. The guy behind the counter made mention that an actress on the cover of the movie I was renting (suspense thriller "Unknown") looked kind of like "that lady from 'American Idol'". To me, the actress looked more like Sandra Bullock (she was really "Bridget Moynahan"). Anyway, I said, "Paula Abdul?" He said, something like, "yeah". I said, "Do you remember her from back in the 80's and 90's?" He said that that was before his time because he was born in the early 80's.

I guess to some, Paula is just "the lady from American Idol".

Lu said...

Oh poor Barry. Damn...i hope THAT's on YouTube.

Have a safe trip to TX Cole! See ya when you get back :)

Lu said...

Oh wow...Cole this could be your next step. The Devil Watches American Idol...ON YouTube...oy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-O7aJ4Jcsk