Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

10 Daughtrys for DAUGHTRY


Yes, the highest number of Daughtys ever awarded goes to the namesake tonite. Daughtry under the stars was sublime. Actually, it was a freakin’ kick ass rock out. He has really turned rocker…complete with eyeliner ala’ Green Day, and silver eyeshadow…ala Liberace. I was not a fan. I don’t like men in makeup. Nope, not my cup of tea. However, he worked it out with lots of chains and leather, leaving me wanting more with every bit of sweat that went flying off his bod. For the ladies, I must add, see him in a hot climate, he has a tendency to rip his shirt over his head to towel off, and let’s just say, he is familiar with the gym. Yow-zah. Attending this evening’s affair with me were my Mom, DeeDee, and her daughter Jill. DeeDee has had previous blog mentions and found them insulting. Referring to her as my college roommate was misleading, at best, because she is so much more than the girl I ate 10 pizzas a week with at Texas A&M. She’s the girl I roomed with after she finally got out of SMU Law School, only for her to meet a man, forcing me to cast my net in California Coastal waters. DeeDee is my BFF beginning in college days and continues the legacy of love with her daughter, Jill, who is now reading this blog and thinks I owe her a quarter for every cuss word I type. Tough Shit Jill, not happening. Cha Ching…I typed that just so you could find your little list and a pencil and rat me out to your Dad who finds me funny but more often rolls his eyes as I am a bad influence on his girls. I wonder if he knows how DeeDee got in trouble at SMU from Oliver Stone’s people when they were trying to film Tom Cruise on the set of Born on the Fourth of July? Did you tell your hubby how you got on a bullhorn and yelled out your dorm window “Tom Cruise please report to Law Dorm Room 216.” Bet not, but you have had your day, Missy, that’s for sure. Ok, I think that makes up for previous said diss…back to Daughtry).
But wait, before I leave DeeDee…right in the middle of Daughtry singing “It’s Not Over”, she screams in my ear, “So, tell me about Simon, where does he live and do you think he is gay?” I am singing at the top of my lungs and she wants to have a deep meaningful convo about Simon Cowell…who my mother constantly calls Crowell. That’s my Beebe, an intellectual at all times. Such the opposite of me. That’s why we click I guess. Oh, Lu, if you got a weird vmail that sounded like Chris Daughtry calling you, that was me holding up my cellphone so you could hear me at the concert! LOL.
Anyway, I did not get any closer to Chris than about ½ football field. There were about a bizillion people there, it was only $10.00 to get in, and 6 bands played for 6 hours. Los Lonely Boys and Blues Traveler to mention a few.
OMG, what a terrific Saturday this was! Little shopping, lots of barbeque at the new County Line barbeque on Lake Ray Hubbard…just can’t beat it. And of course the evening capper…Daughtry. It was awesome.

Tomorrow, Sara Suki is buying us tickets to go see Kelly Clarkson in San Jose in July. Anthony is going with us, and it’s going to be a blast. Can’t wait.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Last night when Jimmy Kimmel asked Kelly if she was watching Idol, she said yes, for the first time because she had always been touring. But she TIVOS it so she doesn’t vote, but if she could it would be for JORDIN!!!!!!! Right on KC. That’s right. Jordin is the biz-nitch. Gotta’s slam these eyes shut. Mom is already snoring upstairs and those little ankle biters will be jumping on me smashing my boobies with their bony little elbows at 6:30 am sharp. Oh joy.

Nitey Nite Idol Ites.

3 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

That last line involving the "ankle biters" made me chuckle ;)

Sounds like a fun concert.

I'm glad "KC" has good taste ;)

I'm looking forward to this weeks riveting episode!

Cole Bronn said...

Thanks Chad. It's Saturday night, shouldn't you be out drinking? Kidding.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Yeah, you're funny.

BTW, it's Sunday night ;)

Hope you had a good Mother's Day with your Mom.