Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Did you forget about Kat McPhee?

Perez Hilton posted her thoughts on HER single....
'Let's just face it: Now that the first single [Over It] is pretty much over, I can now say that that wasn't my favorite song. In the nicest way you can possibly say it, I didn't want that song to be something that I was a part of. I don't know how else to say it. 'If I had let the record label make the record that they wanted to make, I think it would have been a completely different record. [The record label and Clive Davis] would have gone for more of like the Celine Dion big-ballad thing. Or the female version of Josh Grobin. Which is fine, but I think I'm so young, it's not what I want to do right now. I think you can always do that. Like 10 years from now, I'll only be 32, you can do that.''
- American Idol runner-up Katharine McPhee
So, I guess she missed Jordin's big night because she was home licking her kitty cat paws over spilt milk and shitting record sales. Meow.
Now let's put this into perspective peeps. She was 2nd place last year. And over TRAILOR HICKS, Mayor of Hicksville. And you really think we will be remembering Blake in 2008? If you ain't got talent AND the right producers AND song, the magic is lost, and that's all I'm sayin'.

3 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I certainly did NOT.

She's "Miss American Idol". My biggest "idol crush" so far.

You should read a post that I did on my photoblog last year, I talked about that season.

http://chadoneil.blogspot.com/2006/09/i-was-one-of-millions.html

celeste said...

I love her. I love her honesty. she's going places. maybe she may not LOVE her album but a shitload of other people sure do.

Christina said...

Oh Kat - how I love how you never mince words, that's why you are my true Idol BFF (I want Haley to be my BFF, but I Katharine is bitchy enough to really want to hang out with me -- still, I have a total fantasy where the three of us plus Rachel Bilson form the Quartet of Awesome Brunette's and hang out, go shopping and lunch together and make fun of people wearing ugly shoes at Spago -- I'm not kidding, that would be like my idea of heaven)! She's one of my favorite Idol contestants ever - and the album isn't a slam dunk, but it's a lot better than the rumors. I really liked the single, but I totally get where she is coming from -- the only major problem with the album as a whole, was that she was too good for it...it reminded me of Xtina's first disc, where she was leaps and bounds better than the material. Still, love it or hate it, the single SHOULD have been a hit. The fact of the matter is, somebody didn't play ball with Clear Channel to get that thing on the national playlist, because that thing is still selling a ton of downloads every week (and considering that is with no promotion and next to zero major market airplay, that says something). A lot of people hate her, fine, I get that - but her whole "foot in mouth" disease is one of the things I love the most about her - and truthfully, she's the most beautiful girl they have ever had on that show (and probably ever will have on that show). Whether she is a big hit now or in 5 years, I have no doubt that she will be a star. I would love to teach her the fine art of bullshit (you wouldn't know it from my comments, but I'm the queen of BS...seriously, I own job interviews, presentations, public speeches -- all because I'm excellent at BS) and what NOT to say, but at the same time, I love that she has no filter. She's awesome.

I mean, those aren't even high quality photos from a freaking Gillette sponsored event and she looks amazing, AMAZING.

I swear, Katharine is the only thing that is going to keep me from killing myself next weekend at the concert from hell.