Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Declaring Daughtry Week


I'm feeling very Daughtry-ish this week. I joined www.chrisdaughtryrocks.com...so I can get all the official scoopage. This is my new necklace I will be wearing all week. Kidding! I found this on Ebay. Getting a Daughtry guitar pick is not going to prove to be a challenge afterall. There's 2 auctions up there...and no bidders, so no biggie. So, I've decided that I am not going to get one off Ebay. Any Schmo can do that (or atleast a schmo that can remember their password, which I cannot, dammit) so I am going for the harder to obtain version. Mine must come from some connection. I must try my 6-degrees to famous people connection to obtain the guitar pick. I'm challenging myself to get one with an autographed picture...and a signed pick. Too tiny probably, but I'll settle for an initial.
So, still waiting for Christina and AmyB to load some Daughtry pics to me...I've declared this Daughtry week so we can just talk all things Daughtry with only late breaking important other celebrity gossip, or reports of the Whales making it to the Pacific. Did everyone see Vallejo getting it's 15 minutes of fame on national tv with those damn whales? My little town on the water is on the map for something besides spawning the Zodiac killer. Can you believe Jake Gyllenhaal didn't even come to our town to shoot one frame of that flick, based in Vallejo? Hollywood shuns us again.

So, I continue my search for my Daughtry loot. Hope your Memorial Day was memorable. Mine was or will be for atleast 3 days since I injested a burger the size of my head! Scrump-dilly-umptious. Hey, who saw Shrek 3? Pirates? I can't wait to see Mr. Brooks next week...Kevin Costner back on the silverscreen. Again...scrump-dilly-umptious. Aging like a fine wine, he is.

2 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Yeah, I had seen that very pic of the "Pick" on Ebay, but didn't tell you about it since it wasn't "autographed". I figured that's really what you're looking for.

Give it some time, I'm sure you'll begin to see some signed ones online this year.

Christina said...

I don't see him until Saturday, I'll try to take pictures, but this venue sucks ass (dude, the only thing I'm looking forward to, other than Kat and Dashboard is the potential to buy beer at half price. The last time I was at this place, they had to do that...I swear, that and the fact that my friend Rick and I ran into two cute guys from Chicago who were a few years older than us (thus making us like a select group of people who weren't in high school -- and this was 3 years ago) and equally into Dashboard/emo were the only things that kept me sane) and they tend to be anal about cameras (it's a big venue, but it's in the suburbs...like, suck it up and rent out Earthlink Live in downtown Atlanta...don't make people go to Gwinnett County, home of Diana DeGarmo, the Runaway Bride and my childhood, that's just so wrong) and last time I was there, they almost confiscated mine...my camera phone sucks (original Razr, so it's 1/3 megapixel, thus worthless) and I'll try to get some, but I won't risk my $500 digital camera for Chris Carrabba (essentially Dashboard Confessional, the other people are just his touring band and maybe studio musicians, like Nine Inch Nails is just Trent Reznor and random people), and I haven't missed any of his Atlanta/Athens shows in more than 5 years -- I sure as hell won't risk it for Daughtry. But I swear I'll try.

A lot of bands throw tons of picks out in the crowd during/after the show -- so maybe you can come across one that way. I'll be yelling "tool" and "you look like a douche" at the stage, so I doubt I'll get anything (and I'm not going to risk crowding the stage for Daughtry either -- I mean, I've survived like death metal pits before (Fear Factory when they were together, Rammstein, other bands my boyfriend freshman year of college liked...Incubus when a 300 lb guy almost killed me because he decided to try to stage dive/crowd surf), but I don't want to go up against Idol fans...I can take pesudo-goth/emo chicks -- because even at 95 lbs, I can stare someone down and they won't mess with me (plus, I almost always go with guys who are a million feet tall) - but Idol fans...yeah, not risking it. But check with your other friends at shows...they shouldn't be that hard to get.