Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Next week's Top 6 Showdown

Yes, indeed, there will be someone going home on April 25. Just saw the promo during the Nascar Race on Fox. And they are actually sounding nice to Kelly Clarkson in the promos. Afterall, she was the first Idol and arguably the most successful in the Pop Rock genre. (Oscar winning is not the goal of Idol...just a super duper bonus for JHud) And I heard this weekend that Katherine McPhee has really been embraced by Hollywood as one of the it crowd on the red carpet. Music success (or lackthereof notwithstanding), she is a pretty girl with Katie Holmes Cruise looks. I heard Vanessa Manillo is moving to LA and in with Nick Lachey and will no doubt be giving them all a run for the money soon. And since Jessica is starting to show her nipples outside of clubs, we need new celebrities to class up the town a bit.

So, I still don't know what the genre of music is this week....maybe it's "name that tune" week. Wouldn't that be fun if you they played that gameshow game from the 70's and whoever guesses the song name right first, gets to sing it. Ha. And even funnier, a suck song's notes start playing, and no one guesses 'cause no one wants it. ha.

Random side note: Does anyone besides me watch All My Children? If so, can you tell me why JR Chandler is starting to morph into Larry Birkhead? Is it my imagination, but their hair is identical. Ok, back to AI..

Ryan Seacrest's show on Idol today was so anti-climatic talking to Sanjaya. San cannot really talk on the phone. I've heard more enthusiasm from the pizza guy confirming my order. I mean JEEZz dude, if you want to be a spokesperson or something to capitalize on your weirdness, learn to string some words together to form what we call "sentences". It didn't help that Ryan seemed to be hung over. Sometimes me thinks Ryan likes to nip it a bit into the wee hours.

Did anyone see Simon on Oprah with the final 6 (thanks WindyJeff for the tip). Those 6 were quite a motley crue up there (ON satellite feed from LaLa Land). I actually think Phil was the funniest. Melinda still tried the "oh my - I'm sorta a famous troll?" face. And KiKi was pretty sincere. Oprah likes a struggling single mom story, for sure. She put Fantasia in Color Purple. Good for her. Anyway, Simon confirmed that if Sanjaya had won, he wanted to quit, but they wouldn't let him he said, and he's under that gazillion dollar contract. He was pretty sincere, and he I was sort of understanding of him. But overall, it was a pretty boring segment.

Enjoy your weekend. Hope you aren't stuck on a plane with Pauler somewhere.

3 comments:

windycitynut said...

What up Cole?!?
Yes, the name is Jeff. I had a brain fart and let my identity slip. That's what I get for working Saturdays. Actually, being refered to as windy was odd. Sounds like Wendy, or like I just passed gas. I use wcn as my user id on just about everything so being called by my birth name will take some adjusting. If you haven't heard yet, Tuesday's show will be standard one hour gig with the theme being songs of compassion. Wed vote off show will be a two hour special with all the stars and of course when we say goodbye to Kiki. Not to worry, she will get teamed up with Fantasia(via Oprah) and be in the Color Purple as well. Fantasia will finally have someone to read her lines to her. Did I just say that out loud? That's horrible but honest. Speaking of Oprah, she can make anything boring as hell. That show was pathetic and she asks the dumbest questions. Plus, I really hate it when she has a guest singer and the camera spends half the time focused on her trying to perform karaoke. She needs blunt trauma to the head, and soon. Oh, during the star studded show, Borat will be there!! 10-1 he comes out in his green bathing suit and gives Simon a lap dance. Can't wait.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I predict a "girl/girl" final. I don't think the guys are strong enough of singers this year to get that far, but then again, it's up to votes anyway, so, we'll see.

Cole Bronn said...

So brain farter...what blog do you read to get the real scoop, and then come to my lameass blog to report. ha ha. I have been so busy at my own crappo job that I haven't had time to scan. I have been working tonite to get updates to the UK before they arrive at work tomorrow, only to write me and say, what's up with the usa.

Anyway, so I guess we both had to work this weekend...sux to be us.

Yes, we will say bye bye to KiKi soon...but do you think before Phil or Chris? Mmm. I'm not sure.

How come nobody has laughed at Troll Patrol yet? I crack up every time I write it.