Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Celebrities Performing this Week!!

Finally, I found a list of the who-who that will perform or clap from the audience,on Tuesday and Wednesday's shows...LIFE ANTHEMS is the theme to the music selections of our final 6. Mmm. What would my life anthem be? SuperFreak by Rick James is a good one...I wish someone would bust that out. I wish Blake would sing "Can't Touch This" my mc. hammer...and beat box. I'm sure they mean "inspirational" life anthems, not autobiagraphical, but anyway. Here's the star list.


The original American Idol, Kelly Clarkson, along with Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Forest Whitaker, Helena Bonham Carter, Daniel Radcliffe, Teri Hatcher and Mr. Bean (Rowan Atkinson), are scheduled to appear.

These celebrities join previously announced talent including Gwen Stefani, Josh Groban, Pink, Michael Buble, Annie Lennox, Il Divo and Borat Sagdiyev.

Corporate sponsors of "Idol Gives Back" are led by News Corporation, Ford, Coca-Cola and AT&T. Ford will contribute generously by producing a very special music video. You'll get a sneak peek at the video on Wednesday night. Then the entire video will be available for download after the show. One hundred percent of the money generated will be contributed to "Idol Gives Back."

On Tuesday, April 24 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT), the Top 6 finalists will sing songs that can be considered "life anthems." After the performance show, viewers will vote for their favorite contestants via toll-free numbers and text messages, as usual. On this special night, for every vote cast, sponsors will donate money to the charity.

The special two-hour results show on Wednesday, April 25 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) will be a star-studded evening featuring live performances from the "American Idol" stage as well as the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles. Viewers will be able to make their own donations via toll-free pledge lines and the Internet.

I'm getting super excited. This is cool shit. I bet there are stars slated to show up that they don't announce until tomorrow. Like who has a big album coming out??? Mmm. I don't know, but I bet someone's record label is twisting some arms to help boost ticket sales or music sales. I wish the Police would perform. They are about to be on tour.

5 comments:

windycitynut said...

First I let my identity slip, now you want me to reveal my sources. Do I detect a little blog jealousy? Cole, your "blogs" are the only ones I want to see(ouch!! my wife just slapped me). Let's just say my source is a neurological sherpa. Checked out that Will Ferrell video. Freakin hilarious esp where he starts breaking down and says" things aren't going well for me Pearl." Kills me everytime. My wife says that shows another reason to not have kids, so thanks for the free birth control. Of course, my wife could order a salad and find a reason to not have kids. Troll Patrol sounds too similar to Soul Patrol. Can you be any less original?lol. C'mon Cole, you can do better than that. PTA Express, Mrs Potato Head, something... Thanks for letting me view your blogs!!

Cole Bronn said...

WCN-J: The point of Troll Patrol was the fact that it makes fun of what's his names fans. Trailer Hicks. I forget that most people that read this blog don't know my opinions of past winners. I was not a fan of Trailer. The only thing good he's done to 'make me proud' is spawn a number of funny parodies on Saturday Night Live. Some funny shit.

And for the record, I don't TRY to be funny. I don't sit aroiund and think :"mmm, would this be funny?" it just sort of happens...and most of the time, I'm the only one that laughs. But I don't care. It's all about me anyway, right?

Things aren't going well for me Pearl...now that is the funniest line since "I need a little more cowbell". And if you don't know what that line is from, you need to find this on You Tube:

Saturday Night LIve Skit: Behind the Music: Blue Oyster Cult. Skit featuring Christopher Walken, Will Ferrell, etc. FUNNIEST skit since Belushi was on. It's also on The Best of Will Ferrell DVD. Stellar stuff. Here's the link from Funnyhub.com

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/snl-more-cowbell.html

Lu said...

Cole...Please, you are ALWAYS funny. Like it or not.

windycitynut said...

Cole, I am starting to understand you more everyday, starting to get a sense of your personality, your humor. It's all good. I too hated Taylor Hickville. I almost decided to stop watching AI after he won. Has his albumn been released yet? I usually don't stay up past 2am to see the informercials. I think he is starting a band with Justin Gaurini. When people TRY to be funny, it sounds rehearsed and corny, kinda like Ryan Seacrest during AI. Just say what comes to your mind as it happens, if it's funny, cool, if not that's cool too. I love cowbell. That is funny shiat. Oh, by the way, I have been watching Idol Rewind and I'm telling you, Kelly Clarkson is still the best Idol yet. That girl can sing anything. I have to be careful how much I talk about her, the wife thinks I have a crush on her. I don't but Carrie on the other hand...Talk to ya later Texas rattlesnake.

Christina said...

Trailer Hicks -- that's so much better than what I was calling him Tennex Hicks (because boy needs some serious Tennex - the shit they give to people with Tourette's to stop the tics and twitches), I bow down to your awesomeness.