Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Idol Gives Back - Are you ready to be inspired?

Extremely excited to be coming to you from my buddies dining room table in the thriving metropolis of Sacramento, California. It’s a super bonus treat night to share in viewing with my 2 best buddies, Lisa and Hope. They are my biggest life supporters and laugh at my blog, or atleast lie to me about it on a regular basis. I can’t think of a better way to watch. I live 55 miles south of here, and so it’s groovy to get together with the girls.

So, here’s the show. Ryan, Drama Queen, starts the show from control room. I think he wishes he was Captain Kirk on Star Trek. And now we aren’t just voting we are saving lives.Now how many people can say they saved lives by watching tv and dialing a telephone, all from your couch? That’s great and I bow to the American Idol Nation.

Tomorrow is 2 hours result show. Bono is joining us tomorrow night. The judges look like loser lineup after hearing Bono is coming. Ryan stop talking about tomorrow night.

More footage of Africa. Oh for fooey sake, I’m tired of these clips showing Ryan in camoflauge. Actually, I don’t watch the National Geographic channel for a reason. This shit makes me so damn sad. And I will vote tonite and continue to contribute to a Thai Orphanage each year, and encourage everyone to do something that benefits children. They are the future. This puts an end to tonite’s public service announcement. Now I’d like to get back to making fun of people and being bitchy.

Chris is up. Great song selection. It’s a double diamond earring night for Timberfake. I’m loving this performance. I like it and the personality he is injecting. Is there some nasally sound showing up. I’m not so sure. I’m giving him 4 Daughtrys He has really improved week over week. I’d buy that single 4 sure. Randy sees it Cole’s way, as always. Pauler liked the song choice as well. Again, they speak of the journey Chris has taken us on. Good soul and sexy from Simon.

Next up is DooHickey. But first, holy Trumpness…It’s Ivana in the crowd. Next we will see Paris Hilton and then I can’t be part of this shit if she messes it up. I have no beef with Ivana, but she might draw flies that want to be like her…Lohan and Paris species that crave attention.

Melinda digs in her country roots singing Faith Hill. She’s from Nashville remember.
Best performance of Melinda Doolittle’s yet for me. This was truly very nice. 4 Carries.
Really, super performance. She really redeemed herself to me with that. It’s her hair. I’ve been harping on that hair for weeks, and she has finally gotten her wig toppers fired and is going at it the right way.

Is it just me, or does that “Idol Gives Back” banner look just like the Pillsbury Bake Off banner?







Pauler got botoxed by the way, her face hasn’t moved a millimeter tonite. Better hope she doesn’t have to fake cry with the next performance.

Ok, KiKi has decided to rip off another Idol Icon. Love you KiKi and you are talented, but really, I just could close my eyes and picture Fantasia up there. She got compared to Carrie when you took her Jesus and the Wheel performance, and that didn’t go so well. And now to imitate Fantasia, not a good plan. They are going to rip you for the same reason they’d rip on you for picking Celine. Great song, but you should have made it your own. KiKi you looked so beautiful tonite, but watch the strapless gowns that cut your fat in the back, I’m just saying, in case you are picking out a bridesmaid dress anytime soon. Just some free styling tips for ya’. No charge. I’m giving you 3.5 Carries. You lose ½ point for ripoff

As long as I am giving out style tips, Phil better get his country on. Dress in jeans and some stylish country grooves and stand playing to the fans that are going to bust it on down to Wal-Mart and buy your country album. Great GREAT move picking GARTH. You ain’t no dummy. I think this was an amazing performance. I think it could have had a little more country, and I’m giving you 4.5 Daughtrys. Way to go Phil. I’ll buy your cd.

WOOHOO! My girl is up to close the show.

You know every time I hear Ryan say, we are going to feed all the starving children in Africa, I know there is a smart ass kid somewhere looking at mom saying. “Thank God, now I don’t have to clean my plate and eat my peas. Mommy, Idol is taking care of all the kids you want to send my dinner to.”

Jordin, now I am going to try to be objective. Here we go. Love the dress. And she is beautiful…oh I am a little worried about the Jerry Lewis Telethon song. I know she will bust it, it’s an ok song, but my only memory is of Jerry Lewis singing it so I don’t want to be quick to judge. Stellar performance. That was so good. I loved it. I loved every note of it. 5 Carries. Crowd loved it too. Standing O for the big Jord-O. Randy gave her the hottest props ever. EVER. Simon sez: Hit record talking. Jordin is going to put her pants on one leg at a time in the future and go out a make a Gold Record. She’s going to make more than one, I promise you. If I could buy stock in Jordin, Inc. I’d convert my freaking corp stock to her TOOOODDDAAAYYY. Hello Etrade, sell my crap stock options and give me some Jordin.

So, KiKi, as I’ve advised all contestants on their way out, swipe a lot of the little shampoos, drink the free minibar loot, and pack your bags sister.

Well, my girls are saying nighty night Idol-ites to you all as well. I can't wait until tomorrow night. I guess another sleepless night in store for me. Well I have another xanax and hostess cupcake waiting for me at home, so I'll be good to go.

5 comments:

windycitynut said...

Okay, let's tear this blog up. Bonk, bonk, bonk, bonk(cowbell). I am glad to see the Idol Money machine doing some good. What took them so long?? We'll feed EVERY child in Africa? Really Ryan, EVERY single one? That's awesome. I just drank a Coke, I'm saving lives!! Bonk, bonk, bonk. The show was pretty bland. Some good performances though. I wasn't digging Chris, his voice is kinda annoying but I guess that's what the kids like. Cole, you didn't mention Blake. Not showing love? Not enough cowbell? I knew Kiki was done as soon as she mentioned what song she was singing. What's up with her singing the American Idol songlist? Bad move. And what's with everyone trying to force Fantasia Barbaric down our throats? Did you hear Paula put her in the same class as Celine and Mariah ?? Fantasia sounds like nails on a chalkboard, she won because of the least amount of talent in an Idol season so far. Not really a good role model, got knocked up at 15, can't read or write, fell out of the ugly tree and hit every fucking branch on the way down(not that looks are everything but..). Oprah is trying to make her a star. Please, enough already. By the end of her Color Purple run she should start rehearsing her lines for her next gig, "Do you want fries with that?" Sorry, lost focus there . Did everyone forget that Melinda is a professional singer, she should be good every week. I personally like to see someone get "launched" with the show, not someone that's in the biz already and looking to add another thing to her resume. I mean, do you really believe Melinda was going to be a back up forever with pipes like that? Jordin is VERY good. Still think it's her and Blake in the Final. Blake needs to get some beatboxing going on, needs to show his creativity more. Chris and Kiki in the bottom two. Kiki going home. Looking forward to a great show tonight, hope it doesn't disappoint.

Lu said...

I thought this show was pretty boring. With no Sanjaya to make fun of it made it way less entertaining. I thought Chris was mediocre as was Phil. Blake I thought took the compassion thing a step too far and came off as really boring. Sad, because he usually gives a good performance.

I thought Mom, Kiks and Jordin all did well, and i realize songs are about compassion, but oy vey, do they have to be so sad?? That show was a downer in general...and further not to be a jerk, but I find it really unbelievable that Simon made the comments about not realizing that there were starving people in the US and organizations that serve those populations. Get your head out of your ass people.

I did vote though. Had to help the children. I am not a complete stone heart! :)

After tonight i predict bottom 3: Kiki, Chris and Phil

Chad Oneil Myers said...

As a graphic designer, I agree that the banner does have a bake goods feel to it.

I helped Jordin and helped "fight poverty" last night by voting about 60 times.

I just kept on hitting redial.

After it was all said and done, my call record on my cell phone said "60".

Chad Oneil Myers said...

...I don't really care for "Fantasia's" voice either, not sure whay Paula even mentioned her name within the same minute as Celine and Mariah.

Christina said...

I don't know if my Fantasia ambivalence has more to do with the fact that everytime I See her, I start muttering, "LaToya was robbed" or what (and LaToya WAS robbed...grr..3 years later and I'm still pissy), but I've never cared for her. Still, Kiki didn't even do Fantasia justice. She was almost as bad as Diana Degarmo. Last night I thought she was worse, but the more I think about that - the more I realize I can't say that -- Diana Degarmo is a no talent inbred hick who grew up in my hometown (our high schools were "rivals" - though my school always won and looked down our noses at her school -- yes, I went to the snob school, well, the snob school that formed after the first snob school got too big), and I can't ever give Gwinnett County props for anything, especially when our inbred are what turn up on American Idol.

I thought Chris was "Phenomenally" bad (heh - see what I did there - I made a pun out of the shitty music that song was from -- heh), but I know you like him, so I won't hate on him too much. Phil and Kiki were worse...so I'll hate on them.

Bono in 12 minutes (my time)! BONO on Idol. The world is ending. Bono is coming on Idol. If I have to re-explain to my mom who Bono is and that yes, she does in fact know who he is, she's heard basically every U2 song ever made AGAIN (I thought I was going to die last time -- all this effort into bringing her into the 00's and I forgot that she was braindead during the 80s and 90s too -- she knows Death Cab, Sufjan Stevens, The Old 97s, The Elected and Rilo Kiley...but not U2...my mom is pathetic), I will scream. We just went through this like 3 months ago.