Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It's officially Tuesday...Performance Night "Idol Gives Back"

Check the time of this post, if that's possible. Whatever, just believe me when I say...it's 12;35 AM and I'm so fired up about tonite's show, I can't sleep. You'd think I was going to be performing "Breakaway" with Kelly herself. Actually, I'd rather sing Jesus Take the Wheel with Carrie, or hell, I'd be happy just ironing Ryan's shirt in the am. Or mixing Pauler's coketails. Hanging with the homeys on stage. But sadly, I'll just be 1 of 35 gazillion viewers huddled around my old Sony WEGA 32" NON HDTV. Seems so ghetto, but only 3 years old. I'm surprised our TIVO even agrees to speak to it, it's so behind in techno wizardry. But alas, they get along famously, I'm happy to report. Enough about my tv, don't get me started on appliances. My 12 year old wedding gift coffee maker went to the big coffee pot graveyard in the sky this morning. i digress.

So, back to my sleeplessness. After tossing and turning, I decided I should get up and take a chill pill. Some doctors refer to it by the clinical name - Xanax - and it settles my ass right on down. Actually, I've only taken 2 of them in my life...the bottle is on reserve for emergencies when I might go postal on a co-worker (kidding Lu) or my husband. I am prone to anxiety when I get so amped up about stupid stuff (not Idol of course). I don't drink or drug, so I really can't lay myself out very well. I'm sort of like Christina, my mind races about like a hamster on a wheel, but often times like a bunch of roaches on a trampoline.
So, what am I excited about exactly. Well, I just ate a Hostess cupcake. That was stellar. Oh, and about American Idol of course. And I think I mostly can't wait to see Kelly and Carrie. The only way it would be more perfect was if Daughtry and JHud performed. (not together because that would spell trainwreck, of course) The rest of the idols can kiss my ass. If Justin Goofini even gets close to the tv cameraman or a microphone, you'll hear me shout from both coasts. Anthony in the UK will hear me yell, get off the f'ing screen you freak-fro grinning monkey man. I despise him. And Nikki McGibbin while I am at it. Can you believe Ellen (Degenerous for those not quick on the uptake) loved Ryan Starr from season one?

Has anyone seen that orange orangatang Mikela Gordon on the Idol Recap show? She is the freak of all freaks. Remember she was pale with black hair in Season 4? and reminded me of Barbra Streisand. loosely. And now she has collagen lips, blondish brown hair and orange skin...and lost about 50% of her body weight. she is seriously unrecognizable. But still thinks she is hot shit, so go figure.

Matt Rogers is her co-host (loose term) but did a nice job interviewing Jennifer Lopez. I like Jenny from the Block. I really do. But I think I like her in romantic comedies best.

Ok, I gotta crash and give my chill the thrill it deserves. I'll be writing, you can count on that. And you better stay up late and write me back. I can't wait to hear what you all think...in detail!!!!!!!! I need a little more cowbell on this blog.
(wink ;) wcn)

xoxox and nighty night idol-ites,

Cole

4 comments:

Christina said...

Dude, that was better than coffee to get my mind awake! I hope you were able to relax/crash/escape insomnia/stress. I used to have pretty severe anxiety attacks, so I have Klonopin on hand for emergencies, but like, I only go there if I'm about to die. My shrink gave me beta blockers before the GMAT, so I wouldn't psyche myself out -- freaking fantastic. All the benefits of Klonopin (or Xanax or whatever), but I was still coherent and focussed.

And yeah, Mikalah Gordan looks like a Jersey Girl from hell, and I know she's from Vegas -- so I don't really get it. Matt Rogers will never NOT be dead to me, so I ignore them both. My favorite Idol commentator person was Debra Wilson from MadTV, you know, the woman who does a dead on Whitney Houston and Oprah? She fucking cried like a baby when Kelly won Idol the first time, like BAWLED...I will always love her for that, and wish she was still with TV Guide or Fox Reality or whoever used to pay her to interview the kids. Justin Guarani and Kimberley Caldwell (who was cute as hell when I went back and watched Idol 2 - but looks like shit now, why? Why? Kristin Holt stayed hot -- Caldwell went McKibbon...again, WHY?) and whatever loser they have on TV Guide now just bugs me. But Mikalah and Matt bug me more. Though it could be worse I suppose - we could have been stuck with Constantine from Season 4.

Cole Bronn said...

sister, sister...stuck with Constantine is such a bad image, it makes me shudder.

I forgot about Kimberly Caldwell.

At Best Buy I saw Bucky's cd on the rack. I still haven't seen Trailer Hick's on any racks. You can't sell 'em if you can't get them into stores.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

... I saw Taylor's at WalMart.

The show was pretty good tonight.

...all the stars will come out tomorrow night!

krs24rbn said...

Yawn, tonights episode was a tad boring. I found myself doing other things while it was on.

In the meantime, check out Sanjaya on Regis and Kelly. Be sure to watch for the crying girl in the audience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olC9ZYZ31og