Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Week 2: Top Chef

I love the Micah person. She is not the morning person. Comes out flying the bird at everyone. ha ha. Such a Cole move. I hate getting out of bed. I hate Howie. He needs to shut it. He's already on my nerves. He thinks he is the Godfather of chefs. Ooh, wasn't that citrus display awesome? Hung and Tre are the "favorites" in Hung's eyes. Ok. The quickfire challenge resulted in some seeds, some shells and some avocado pudding. And this one girl didn't even know what to call it. The bottom 3 were Sandy, Sara and Micah. Top 3 CJ (seed boy), Hung and Tre. Hung won today. And now there are some pissed off competitors

Challenge: cook at a champagne barbeque thrown by Lee Somebody. BBQ yummy. Can't wait to see Texas Tre and his bbq skills. Jeffro, do you know how to bbq?

Sara orders 20 pounds of $10/lb meat. Dumbass. Hung helps her out. I smell a booty call. Aren't they just so insane with those knives. I would probably shank Hung if he ran past me like that. And Howie sweats more into his food than Lance Armstrong in the last leg of Tour de France. And dumbass Sara picks the hottest peppers grown on Earth. Ha. I love the real fuckups. Lezbo Hawk has some weird functions with her clothes and her Thai Chi moves. I hope she goes soon because she bugs. I hate Mohawks...and even before the Faux Hawk from he who shall not be named. BBQ drumsticks??? What the fuck. This is gourmet bbq, not ghetto bbq. Howie serves up sawdust pork loin. Yummers. Joey blames Hung for stealing his watermelon liquor idea. Ha ha. Like he has a patent on watermelon dishes. I like that girl Camille. Reminds me of Jennifer Aniston, or really more of Jennifer "Rachel Green" Aniston.

Oh, top 3 are called out. I knew the seafood sausage was going to be a winner. Let's see if I am right. And I am. It doesn't take much to learn what these judges like. Sort of like Simon.
Bottom 4: Howie the sweater, Joey the blamer, Texas Tre and Hawkster. I love the drama they put around this. "Joey, what were you thinking?" Crickets.... I can't believe this stupid ass. Served them super hot chicken legs to eat with their fingers..ouch. Sandy, is shocked to be there. And by the way where was the bbq? Howie "my dish was phoned in simple". No dude, it was sawdust sticks you served. Joey ate sandy's and tre's, and still throws Howie under the bus. And now they start bitching about each other. Bad move, no way are these guys winning. Ever. ToolTom don't like whiners.

I'm voting LezboHawk is packing her knives now. She broke the golden rule...no bbq, no dice. And I am officially one for one.

OMG, in the previews you see Howie with sweat running down his face and dripping INTO THE FOOD. YUKKKKKKKK.

Ok, now I'm watching THE SOUP. I love this show. Shit, Constantine is one of the stories. He is starting to get on my last nerve.

4 comments:

Lu said...

BTW I LOVE Joel McHale's Constantine impersonations almost as much as I love his David Caruso/CSI Miami's impersonations. So hilarious. Love that guy.

And yes, Constantine is SUPER annoying. I saw him give that presentation on the emmys. what a loser.

Christina said...

ConstanTool - what a lame-ass. After his Village Voice, "look at me - I smoke pot and curse, I'm a badass" story - I hated him even more (and I didn't think that was possible, I wanted to throw things at him every time he came on the screen during his season).

Great summary of Top Chef! I'm loving Hung - he's an asshole, totally, but he can back it up by being a totally kick-ass chef - so that makes it better (plus, I like some people who are assholes, hate others - at least Hung is upfront about it - and with a name like Hung, how could he not be a total prick?). Plus, he and Marcel are friends - and I love me some Marcel (don't hate me if you hate him -- I think he was annoying during the All-Star challenge, but he was my favorite during last season, which admittedly, had very few, if any, likable contestants aside from the gay guy from Florida and the bulimic English lady who got eliminated the first challenge).

Personally, I think the person to look out for is Lia -- she's an executive sous chef at Jean Georges - and that place is freaking awesome. Like, one of my Top 5 restaurant experiences ever - probably Top 3 -- and I mean, I am NOT a foodie (far too picky of an eater), but happenstance has allowed me to eat at some really, really nice places, and Jean Georges really, really stood out.

I think both CJ (the really, really tall guy who lost a testicle) and Brian (the seafood sausage guy) are totally hot. Both Howie and Joey can go to hell - they suck and are annoying. Joey especially. His "I'm from New York and we're awesome" attitude is like insufferable. Especially since he likes to throw temper-tantrums about everything. I knew the cute Asian girl, Sara was going to win or nearly win as soon as I saw how much screentime she was getting. I mean, she could have been one of the better people to interview (editors like to use people who are good at narrating what is going on), but seeing how self-effacing she was being about her foibles made me think - oh, there has to be a redemption arc in here somewhere.

Oh - and you aren't the only one who hates Tom Cock-lick-io (that's my name for him - Cock-Lick -- though ToolTom is good too) - but I love Gail (she's so cute!) and Padma (her husband is Salmon Rusdie, a total badass and word on the street is that she is a total pot-head - which I think is AWESOME). And I've been to a few of the Craft restaurants, and grudgingly, they are awesome...but that still doesn't mean that Cock-Lick is anywhere close to Gordon Ramsay in my heart of hearts (I love Ramsay so much - I loved him on Hell's Kitchen, but then I saw his BBC shows, which don't bleep the f-word or shit, making it easier to understand, and you see that he's got a temper, but he really, truly cares about helping people become better chefs).

Cole Bronn said...

Thanks Christina...glad you liked the recap. I'm thinking I'm going to love this season. There are some real characters. And yes, the hotness of seafood sausage dude was not lost on me. Nice that the food show is serving up some eye candy as well. ToolTom's sandwich shop here in SF is not getting rave reviews. Atleast last I heard.

Salmon Rushdie...as in the guy that had a bounty on his head for writing a book? She married him? I know I am wrong here. Please correct me.

I don't watch Hell's Kitchen. I don't want to overdose and I do like Gail. And I like the guest judges and when they bring on celebrities.

I hope that Sara chick sticks around because she kills me. She is truly an Asian Airhead.

Christina said...

Yes, Mr. Satanic Verses is married to our very own Padma. She doesn't like to talk about him in interviews (which is understandable, because I'm sure she gets tired of explaining how THAT happened - plus, he's more famous than she is) - but they have been married for quite some time. Weirdly, the first Top Chef host was the child bride (OK, the girl is my age, but it still seems wrong) of Billy Joel. She couldn't host for shit though (totally cute girl - even if she is only 4 or 5 years younger than her step-daughter -- see, that's where the child bride thing comes in) so they axed her for some eye candy with a bit more personality, who was also married to a famous dude way older than her.

You aren't missing out by not watching Hell's Kitchen - just TiVo Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares on BBC America - it's a better show anyway (and it's inspirational - and if you like Little People Big World, it's in that vein - not in subject matter, but in tone).

Now - have you watched So You Think You Can Dance? I'm linking you to a dance from two weeks ago (the first elimination round) to help prod you along: HERE

Seriously, it's one of the most awesome things I've ever seen - especially for the FIRST WEEK of the damn show. WATCH. I know you have little time - but it's two hours a week (much less minus commercials) and so much fun.