Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

It's Summertime: Countdown to Vacation

Well, party peeps, in 3 days the blogpound is going to have to track Paris in jail without me. I'm headed to the 2nd biggest lake in California, Shasta Lake. (Lake Tahoe being the biggest.) It's about 3 hours north of my hood, and the resort we stay at (loose term for bunch of cabins on the water) does not have wi-fi, or plug in, or cellular access. No communicado. Which reminds me I need to buy a phone card before we go, so we can check with the neighbors to be sure our house didn't burn down or a cat escape. My biggest decisions of the day will be:
1. What to eat? Cheetos, Ding Dongs or Hot Dogs
2. What bathing suit to wear? spf 15 30 or 45
3. Sit by the pool or go out in the boat?
4. Magazine or smut paperback
5. Sudoku puzzle or Nintendo DS game
6. Repeat list.

Anyway, thanks Christina for posting your new bathing suit...and while you say this is your first 1 piece suit since puberty, I assure you there is not enough "piece" there to qualify. I wore more than that to my last gyno appointment. Really, where'd you get that "minx at the pool" getup anyway? And have you thought about the tan lines with that thing? You are going to be white in the shape of an hourglass with a tan hole in the middle. Hey, enough of that, where are my Daughtry pics?

I had a chat with Famous Julian today. He's headed to NYC. Lucky Brit that he is. I told him not to come back without some good East Coast trash for me to write about. He's got some good meetings which I can't disclose. But suffice to say, he will not disappoint. Safe travels Jules.

Nighty Night

4 comments:

Christina said...

Alright, so I didn't even bring my camera because of the shit that went down last time, and of course, they didn't give a shit about cameras at this show (be freaking consistent Gwinnett Arena!), BUT the asstastic radio station that sponsored the event, Star94 (where Ryan Seacrest got his start - and I remember him! He used to suck!) posted a bunch on their awful web site, so you can see them here

And yes, the web site only scratches the surface of the lameness of that radio station. I still can't believe I went to a concert they promoted...heinous. They were all like, "we're now the #1 Top 40 station in Atlanta" and when I pointed out to some people that I was around that Atlanta is no longer a Top-10 market for Top 40 (we're still sort-of relevant for R&B and rap - but our days of actually having radio stations that make an impact nationwide are long, long, long gone), some Star94 stooge overheard me and was all, "shh!" - but anyhoo.

Have a GREAT vacation - your plans sound great, I LOVE your list - you totally described my perfect vacay itinerary. I'm usually not big on going anyplace without wifi or cellular access (dude, the one time I was roped into camping, and I found out it was "real" camping - I slept in the car and then drove myself to a Holiday Inn the next morning and got myself a room so I could shower and primp...it was very Troop Beverly Hills, minus the Beverly Hills Hotel), but I think that sounds perfect for your vacation. You and your husband need to be away from technology. Plus, you'll have your DS, so you can play with that. Do you have Brain Age? Sudoku ON your DS...now that's a way to kill two birds with one stone.

Oh - and I got my bathing suit at Urban Outiffters' web site (the Atlanta store SUUUUCKS, you lucky Northern Cali gal you - you not only have GOOD UO stores, you have them on every street corner -- I waited 5 years for the Atlanta store and they don't even carry Diesel for women, which was the whole point -- because I'm obsessed with all things Diesel). As far as tan lines - I don't tan - I just burn, peel and go back to translucent - so my summer strategy is very simple: Go to this nail salon that also does a kick ass job at airbrush tanning (and they are cheap too -- I have no problem paying for beauty, but if the best place is also the cheapest, game on) - because spray tan looks fake when you are as white as me (my MAC Studio Fix color is N4...they start at 2...and that's for people that are like seriously albino), stand behind a partition while wearing nothing but a paper thong (seriously, it's like those things they give you at the gyno, but a thong), more than likely cave to getting a Brazilian first (even if I recently had a regular bikini wax, these bitches are good), then let a nice Asian lady spray my entire body (excluding face - I'll use make-up/bronzer so I look matched, but I'm not letting anyone airbrush my face), while commenting on how white I am and asking me AGAIN if I had a boob job, followed up by some berating for biting my nails. Then two weeks later, I do the same thing again.

windycitynut said...

Hey!! I bought a new swimsuit too. Weird. Great minds think alike. You can check it out http://media.movies.ign.com/reheremedia/833/833754/img_3661503.html

By the way, I'm somewhat technically challanged, can someone tell me how to post a link properly. Thanks

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Have fun on your vacation! It will be "Cole - Unplugged".

Cole Bronn said...

DAmmit WIndyCity...I can't open the link. what was it?

Christina, how do you post those fancy links. School us. I'm sure it involves "right clicking" the mouse.

I know it was funny.