Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Hey, It's SuperSnore Sunday!!!!

You know this game has potential of being a real snorefest. Of course, the commercials are usually good. But I fear, they will too suffer performance anxiety this year. First of all, there is hardly any media time for people to advertise good shit like cars and soda pop. And all the bimbos have been in rehab this year, so no Britney lighting up the stage for Pepsi, or Hilton washing cars for Carl's Jr. Look for alot of talking animals. And the writer's strike could have been disastrous, who knows. Also, due to the election, and all the candidates snapping up all the local media time, get ready for a "We need a Change in Washington" commerical bonanza. Look for alot of Hillary and Barack on the West Coast, and those of you in Republican areas, well, let me first thank you for 8 years of Bush...and I hope it cost you $155.00 to fill your gas guzzling Hummer just to go to the Quicky Mart this morning to buy your cigarettes and scratcher lotto tickets. I digress.

So here we are on SuperBowl Sunday, not to be confused with Super Tuesday. Does anyone know if there is a Mayhem Monday? Whacky Wednesday...FuckOff Friday? Those yearly events would be awesome. For example, if I was crafting the excitement behind Mayhem Monday, here's how it would work...
1. First, you would show up 2 hours late to work in your pajamas. (Unless your a nurse or some other pajama wearer on a normal day and then you must show up in drag.)
2. Then, you would announce to those in your area, what you are to be called on Mayhem Monday. I, for example, would be called Turd Ferguson.
3. Then you would switch desks with the person directly beside you, and they would rotate up one cube...sort of a vocation domino effect. (Note, no one switches with the big boss dept head. Who wants their job anyway.) Suddenly, you are in the driver's seat of that person's world. Move there stapler, swipe their pens. And you know all their dirty secrets, because you've been listening to them bitch and moan about so-and-so for like 3 months. So, you get in their chair, phone up that jerkoff and tell them....'hey dude, it's Mayhem Monday and here's how we are going to roll today. Fuck off.' Stellar. This allows another staff member be your henchman...no muss, no fuss...you get the job done, without even breaking a nail. I love it.
4. Mayhem Monday's lunch hour is at least 2 hours long, but must take place at the nearby bowling alley. Mandatory fun time. You must eat from the snack bar, and bowl one strike before you can return to work. Lane bumpers are allowed.
5. And finally, the mayhem ends with Eggs and Bacon being served at 4:00 pm, an award ceremony for the best pajamas of the day, and everyone goes home with a new teddy bear.

Oh to dream. I always dream of my workplace just going insanely awry with chaos. I swear sometimes it's so quiet you can hear the dust settling on the mini blinds. And then sometimes, you can't stand it and have to wear your earphones. You know what I discovered about myself. I cannot concentrate. Headphones make me nervous that I am missing out on something, some drama unfolding 2 cubes away. I should have been a spy for a living. Eavesdropping in my absolute forte' and I can read lips like nobody's business. I have to work at home once a week just so I can do 3 days worth of work, no interruptions and only my radio to bother me. I think someone told me I have AADHD...but I told them I don't have trouble paying attention at Alcoholics Anonymous. (budampt bump...thanks you very much, I'll be here all week.)

Next: I'll try to figure out how to post the YouTube video of Sarah Silverman and Matt Damon. It's called "I Fucked Matt Damon" and I swear to you, you will roll on the floor. Little background...Every night, Jimmy Kimmel, when he ends his show, apologizes for running out of time and not being able to bring out Matt Damon. EVERY NIGHT. So, they sort of have a Matt Damon thing going on, and have for years. And one time, he actually came on the show, to everyone's shock and amazement.

fyi, anyone that want to teach me how to post a you tube link on this stupid blog, email me at coleybronn@sbcglobal.net
Gracias.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cole, you crack me up. If you ever run a company and start Mayhem Mondays I want to work there! Watching Jordin sing the anthem right now and thought of you - thought she did pretty good.

I watched Sarah on Kimmel and it was one of the funniest things ever!

Go Pats!