Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

ColeyB's Critiques the Super Bowl Ads - QTR #1

Playing armchair quarterback for the best part of SuperBowl is Coleyb...hello everyone! Glad you can join me. Thank God for TIVO because I will pick these commercials apart, one frame at a time. Or until my husband gets annoyed. My husband could really care less about football...this is the first game of the year for him to watch. He just wants to be able to talk to his carpool buddy tomorrow. First tip hubby...stop shouting for Peyton. It's Eli. (not kidding, he did refer to him as Peyton. LOL)
So what makes me think I have the right or ability to critique football or tv commercials.
1. I was born and raised in Texas
2. I never missed a high school or college football game...ever...that's 8 solid years of football.
3. I entertained clients at Dallas Cowboy games for about 7 years. So...I KNOW my Football.
4. I worked for 10 years at 4 different advertising agencies. At one time in my career, I was shooting commercials in LA about every 6-8 weeks. Lotsa fun. That's when I got my celebrity itch.

So enough about me. Let's see what the advertisers ahve brought to the game.

Here's the rules and also my criteria for a commercial worth of a 4-star rating:
-emotion evoking: funny, serious,heart tugging...make me feel something besides heartburn
-Tivo moment...do I reach for Tivo to replay it?
-Can I describe it, 5 minutes after it played?
-Production values.
-Cheesy? Take off on stupid things
- Originality - scene it before, or never seen anything like it?

Oh boy, my 3 pts are up for Giants and I'm 50% of the way to $100.00 (I have 3 -3 in office football pool) I need the Patriots to put up a 3 kick and Momma gets a new pair of shoes.

Flame Blower Bud Light Commerical - clevah .
Pepsi Max - What is Love? Head flopping Night at the Roxbury style...OMG that's one of my favorite movies. And look at the very end...it's what's his name from the movie. Rats, I'm going to have to go find the dvd ...or Chris Kattan, I just rmembered. That was pretty good...jack yourself up on caffeinated Pepsi. Cheaper than Red Bull.

Hey MySpace.com SuperBowl ads after the game, they will all be posted.

Audi R8: Godfather take off??? Dead horse head. The front of his Rolls Royce in bed. the Audi R8. I hate take off on the horse head scene. That gets an L for LAME O

Wheel of Cheese - Bud Light. Guys in kitchen . Pretty funny. But seen it before.
Athlete shoes. working out. High production values but alot of time wasted because I don't even know the product and the commercial is almost over. What is that icon? Underarmour. Ok,whatevs

Shit, that penalty just cost me $100. They would have had to kick for a field goal.

FUCKING HYSTERICAL BRIDGESTONE TIRE COMMERCIAL. I told you to look for alot of the freaking animals being funny. I love the little bunny screaming!!!
Doritos commerical shows some chick sing a song. That was good.
Thrillicious Vitamin Water - dancing lizards. I like the one with the crunk. Who was the dancing lady?
Drug dealer commercial was ok.
Corolla guy locked into car with vicious badgers...that will eat your face off. Clevah.

This is exhausting. I feel like I'm on the field. I don't think I'm going to make it 4 quarters of commercial reviews. I gotta go get some vitamins and a twinkie.

1 comment:

tinkfromcalif said...

So I am home sick as a dog with the cold/flu for the past 2 days delirous with fever and my hubby is at his dad's SB party. The only inkling of any excitement or enthusasm this weekend was my possible $100 at the end of the first quarter, also. But NO it doesn't happen.
WTF kind of halftime show was that? Did I miss part of it? I thought Pauler was singing...only Tom Petty from what I saw and could he look any older...MY GOD...does he know his money could help that? But he was really good.
OK back to the couch for me and my pity party.