Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Class of 24: IDOL 3 Nights this Week


Here they are....and we've got the boys tonite.

Hey, I heard why we haven't seen a couple of the people sing. They couldn't get clearance from the Gnarls Barkley artist for the one song, so the guy's audition was cut from the show. Simon said it was one of the top 5 performances. So, most assuredly, the dreadlock dude from Texas is going to bring it! And he grew up in my seester's town, so she is biased now, to say the least.

So, let's just see how's they do...

Up first...
The line up tells me a couple of things...that Danny Noriega guy is too gay. Yes, it's possible. He's just so silly.
  • Garrett Haley...White Snake called and the auditions for a new lead singer are tomorrow night. What's up with that fucking hair dude? I'm not sure if you are a Peter Frampton throwback or just a little stoner. 
  • 1st guy, David Hernandez...he was great. Hate that song. Not bad though..it was aw-right.
  • Chekezie...nice tangerine suit dude, nah. Nice sound but he's a little goofy for me. Oooh, attitude will not win you friends with Simey.
  • David Cook..bartender singer makes a good song choice. Glad he ditched the pink streak in the hair. Well, he keeps hitting a few notes off, rushed it a bit...but otherwise he is really good on the stage. Moves around like Bo and Chris. I give him mad props for rocking that song out. 
  • Moon River?  My MiMi used to make me play that on the piano.  Jason Yeager...that's just about a milktoast song...not what you want out of the box.  I don't care if you had a choice of singing from the 60s, sing something a 20 year old sang in 1960, nutso.  I'm putting him on the short list...he might be out.  Two are going on Weds.   OMG, he and Pauler share a moment of grandmas and ballet recitals to that song.  OH, Jeffro...you called it...Simey pulled out a Cruise ship performance comment.  Now he is a dependable sheepdog.  We haven't heard that one before.  Thank God the music shut them down.  This is how they are stretching this shit to 2 hours tonite.  
  • Robbie Carrico...I know we shouldn't think it, but I can't get past the Bret Michaels bandanna.  Your channeling the Rock of Love, baby.  But you're a good singer, so I'll let it go.  Nice job.  OMG, he does look like JTimberlake, a bit.  He opened for Britney it says.  What is that about.
  • David Archuleta...oh I loves this guy.  BUT I HATE YOUR SONG CHOICE.  Dude, it's a song a girl sings.  Dang, he's singing it though...He has a really mature voice for a little dude.  Wow, we rocked it at the end.  no shit.  Can you hear the crowd?  All those little crazy bitches are dialing for david now.  My husband thinks he's almost a little touched.  I'm only 17 he says.  But the ladies love you.  I'm gonna go out now and say we will be seeing my little buddy for quite some time....and that's not a tough call, I know.  Didn't I already say this once though?
  • Danny Noriega - he is out on Thursday, so you better get your look at him now.  He's just too much for me...Oh Fuck...this dude came to play.  He's got some Elvis blood in him.  I take it back...he might be the real deal.  He hasn't missed a word or note yet.  Oh no, now he brings the fruitloop surprise to it.  "Oh, I'm gonna bring down the house everywhere I go..."  Oh brother.  Just keep your mouth shut.  Simon said it was verging on grotesque. OMG, he hated it.  Simon is really a little whack on this one.  Why is he going off on this so strongly.  It's not the fucking finals.  I ain't listening ...click click bloop bloop Tivo
  • Luke Menard:  now why would you say you are a carpet cleaner?  Make up something else.  In fact, I'd rather be a bail bondsman that clean cat pee out of people's rugs for a living.  He's a hottie.  Go sling drinks dude.  I like this song...and he's doing a decent job.  Maybe he's out of the carpet steaming biz now.  He reminds me of Dylan on Beverly Hills 90210.  Luke ???  I can't remember.  Luke....oh, Perry.  It was alright, but not really memorable.  Don't turn in that Stanley Steemer card just yet.  Oh, I hate it when Simon copies me.  He's right...not memorable.
  • Colton Barry...now this dude reminds me of Boris Becker, the tennis player.  Wow, he has like white eyelashes.  What the fuck is hanging off his pants?  He pants look like they have bra straps.  They are suspenders, but they look stupid.  And he has a George Costanza wallet.  WTF. Ehhh.  It was not good for me, Opie.  Back to Mayberry you go.  OH, SIMON, you are pulling out your Cruella Cru-owell too early in the season.  He's like pissed off he hated that so much.  Lord, get over it.  Bloop Bloop.
KELLY Clarkson is a snake cobra charmer commercial for Vitamin Water.  AWESOME, yet stupid.  She can't help it...she is victim to writer's strike. 
  • Garrett hairboy...oh, I called that one.  I LOVE THIS SONG>  don't fuck it up.  Breaking Up Is Hard to Do...Neil Sedaka.   The Barry Manilow of the 60s.  Dude you need to move a bit.  Shake it up...a tiny bit.  He's stared in the same camera for the whole song.   It was a solid performance, albeit a little Boooorrrriiinnngggg.  Snoozy.  Randy agrees with me.  Onto the short list for Garrett.  Although the girls are going to vote for him...that the dad of the little boy in the crowd.  Simon picks on him for being pale.  WTF, you need some fresh air.  Simon is the grim reaper tonite.  He is nailing a coffin shut on a few of these.
  • Jason Castro...the guy who lives near my Seester.  This guy has bee-you tiful eyes.  I really love him and his perfect teeth.    It was just a little bit hokey, but so was the song.  It was good though.  It was cute.  But not bustin' out for me.  Cute though.  I want to see more of him before I believe he's the best.  This dude has like Heidi Klum skin.  It's like perfect.  Wow...Simey gives him a top 2 performances of the night.  
  • Michael Johns is next.  Well, if all my friends are right, they saved the best for last.  Yep, Ryan even says it.  He kinds of looks like Jim Morrison to me.  OMG, he pulls out The Doors...he's killer good.  People, I think he's going to be a tough guy to beat.  The little chicks won't vote for him.  But the chicks in my demo will.  4 sho.
Well,  here's a few other thoughts.  Is Simon joining the Marines? He has a damn jarhead haircut. Even a little knick above his left ear. It's weird.

Luke Skywalker, Garrett Hairboy or Moon River are out.  I wish it was Danny Noriega, but I think he was ok enough to stay.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen the show "The L Word"? Danny Noriega dressed exactly like the girl Shane on that show. Very creepy. I'd vote for him if he were performing with the girls.

Anonymous said...

Loved my homey Jason Castro. Loved loved loved Michael Johns, and especially when Randy agreed with me that he reminds him of Michael Hutchence. (Love Shane on "The L Word" best of all.)

Seester

windycitynut said...

Cole,
When you said Danny; he is out on Thursday I said to myself, honey he is already out. Then I saw you meant voted out and not "out". Funny. I say it's him and the wallet/suspender dude. By the way, didn't they tell us that this season was the most talented ever?? Did the other seasons really suck that bad? There was 3 good male singers. Maybe they were talking about the women. By the way, did aanyone else notice that Carly was not there last night sittin with the ladies. Hmmmm. Something may be brewing...
Jeffro

Caiazzo said...

Vote For The Worst Ballots Are in
Danny Noriega is this years American Idol!!!

Unfortunately Stern is off this week so the Stern army will have to march on without the help of their fearless leader.

Rumor has it Danny and Sanjaya have planned this since 2006.

Hats off to the Rockers...Too bad they won't win...most likely they will be turned in pop singers if the men in suits behind the iron curtain have their ways...Can't imagine the chicks to be any good tonight..most likely they will all sound the same....

Any chance we can put Britney on American Idol...Might help her career or maybe we can get Lohan to do a "behind the scenes NY pictoral" on idol to boosts those ratings.

This just in...A reliable source has told me Hillary is planning to appear on Idol next week to get the youth vote to help her crumbling campaign. Get out the barf bags. I can't wait to see those eyes pop out of her sockets while she sings.

Cole...I have a new chili recipe that will knock your socks off

Seacrest Out