Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Girly Girl Night

Blah Blah Blah...bring it on.

  • Kristy Lee Cook - I really liked her, but boring....
  • Joanne - Nice.  pretty good.  Song choices are bugging me so far
  • Blondie Carrie Girl - OMG, I expected nothing and got AWESOME...that was awesome.  She killed it.
  • Rocker Nurse - that shit did not fly for me.  Look, it's not American Scat Idol.  She's like a cross between vampira and goth rocker.  I don' t know.  She was sportin' half a Winehouse hairdo...but she does still look a little bit like Kelly Clarkson.  She's cute, they gave her a pass.  She better learn how to sing a sweet song that shows her vocals.  Because last time I put my radio on "seek" it didn't stop on nothin' that sounds like that chick.
  • Amy Davis - Ok, this girl has to learn not to use the brown eyeshadow...the same shade as the color of the circles under her eyes.  She looks like a heroin addict that's been up on a bender.  Batter up...to Miss pitchy.  Maybe she is one of the flu victims.  She sux.  Dawg, that was not good for me at all, yikes.  bloop bloop bloop (3 bloops is super fforward for those not familiar with TIVO.)  Randy:  I didn't think it wasn't great, and here's why.  Duh, well, because it was bad...the opposite of great.  Pauler gave her a pretty girl pitch, and Simon was just ready to let it go and then pulled the Cabaret comment.  The girl does look a bit like Teri Hatcher.   Shut up Simon.
  • Brooke Rated R Movie chick - I like her music choice.  She's really pretty, and she can sing...but she is just not gritty enough for me.  She tries the sex kitten moves and I just can't buy it.  Is it possible to be too nice?  Of course, I wouldn't know.  But jeepers, she's like freakin' Mary Poppins.   Oh, Pauler, did you overdose on Zoloft tonite?  Cut back on the freakin' Zen poppers and stop being such a therapist.  Simon hates Happy Meals.  Wow, I think I just found out I am more like Simon than Randy.  I can't believe it.  I don't like happy either.  Now I am sad.  I don't like happy.  I think I better go find some chocolate and lift my spirits.  
Side bar:  I am really struggling finding a happy spot right now.  I don't have a vacation scheduled for 5 weeks.  I am going to Texas and I have not yet allowed myself to get excited.   I guess I need to do something like start to pack...ha ha. In the meantime, I need something fun, and this show, so far ain't cutting the mustard.  
  • Alexandra Lush...- My mom used to tell me the Painted Pony song was about drugs and I couldn't listen to it.  Funny, my mom thought if it wasn't the Carpenters, Barbra Streisand or Willie Nelson, it was shit.  OH, that girl...she was great.  She blew the doors off that Blood, Sweat and Tears.  Cowell, he didn't get it.  OMG, he was off on that one.  These horrible little shows you see...in your head you goofball.  Bloop, Bloop, Bloop
  • Kady Malloy - OMG, she pulls out a Britney impression.  This girl is my girl.  DONE.  Kady is my groovy kind of girl.  She's the full package you cannot deny.  She made that song her own arrangement.  It was hot.  She really turned it into her thing...that showcased her vocals.  I can't wait to see her do another song.  Who is that guy in the audience?  Talk about someone that needs to lighten up.  Simon...Even Randy tells Ryan to step in to shut him up.  Since when did it become a "fun girl" competition.  She's not a fucking Budweiser girl at the boat show for fuck's sake.  I think they were totally hateful to her.  My brilliant hubby said, "That chick is a tomboy and she is uncomfortable in that stupid dress.  She needs a tshirt and jeans and she will be fine."  Ok, people, can you believe how into this shit my husband is?  He digs this show so much.  He yells at the tv like he is watching Nascar.  Hysterical.  I wish I could tape it sometime and play for you.   
  • Asia - I love her.  She was awesome in Hwood week.  She's a little fireball.  I know she would be able to stand her own against anything.  I wish Janis Joplin were alive to keep her songs off this show.  Man, I'm tired of her.  nice job Asia.
  • Ramiele, Little Filipino Chick...tonite's female version of Moon River.  She better kick this song in it's ass.  Ok, she's kicking it in.  Winding it up at the end.  Thank goodness.  What's with the grey stretch pants?  She's sort of dressed like Peg Bundy.   Pauler's hair is overprocessed flat tonite.  Simey was a little bit impressed with her.  Out sung them all tonite so far.  Well, Irish Kelly hasn't come up yet.  They saved her for last.  I know it.  The best is last, just like last night.
  • Seyesha Mercado - She's got pipes.  I hate the song.  whatevs.  She'll make it through, no prob.  That last note was a little wobbly for me.  I'm getting tired.  Terrific though.
  • Irish Kelly Carly Smithson - Greg calls her 'sleeper cell record contract chick'.  What the hell are these people thinking with these song choices.  She's sort of screaming this a bit, and I think her nerves have sort of gotten her, because she sort of forgot the song words at one point I think.  Like reality hit her, and boom, she blips.  Oh, she was sick.  That's sad.  Did you see her dad?  He was freakin's spooky.  Simon didn't get it.  He hated this song, and the buzz about her.  Way to old fashion and her mike technique.  
Ok, so I give this battle of the boys vs. girls...I give it to the girls.  I think.  It's too early.  But I do think I like some of the girls more than the boys.  I don't know.  I'm tired.   As for the whole enchilada...I say that it is the best talent of the 7 seasons so far.  I really do.  But, Amanda Overmyer Nurse chick has just sang her last song, as has Amy Davis.  Bye now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that was disappointing! I was looking forward to the girls but my TV must be on the fritz cuz they all sounded off...
Liked the boys better...what a surprise.
Anyone notice Ryan running off stage pulling off his mike? Seemed he couldn't get outta there fast enough. Too much tension tonight?

V-town

Anonymous said...

I think this competition needs to get down to 16 fast, or else we might fall asleep. But once we get their we will definetly have a good show.

NJ Fan

Lu said...

i hate hate hate the rocker chick. She looks old as dust with all that make up she wears. It's terrible. I dont understand why they love her so much. oy.

I really like Asia--she's my favorite girl contestant...and I can't pick a favorite with the boys yet, but I was pleasantly surprised with dreads.

and like i told you yesterday, Danny Noriega looks like Jessica Alba if she were going through a sex change to become a boy.

we need to knock some of these people out and fast...