Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Monday, January 14, 2008

TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!!!!!!!


How will you prepare for the new season? Have you purchased a new big screen tv? Ready to unveil a new Nacho recipe? Is there a new snack you've been saving for just the perfect evening of tv to break out? Time to put out the good cheese? I myself am a major cheese con-a-sewer. I am a cheese snob. Like winos, I like my cheese and none of it sits on a Ritz.

So, here's some preliminary scoopage for the new season that I have managed to uncover.
- Fantasia Barrino's brother auditions, and he sux
-There will be a new set!
- The audition shows are meant to feature the best of the best and the worst of the worst...finally they admit that those that made it on the audition show are actually because they were awful, in some cases.
- Simon admits he will stay for atleast 2 more years.
-Idol wannabes were allowed to play instruments in the tryouts
-Pauler says that Simon gets tired of picking on the kids so he turns on her, and so yes, we can expect alot of bickering and bitching as we have seen in past seasons
-What we won't see is the celebrity mentors. (Translate: music artists with new albums releasing that want the bump in sales from appearing on AI, will no longer get to hawk their wares on the show). Instead we will see alums (don't get your hopes up for a Kelly appearance. But Daughtry I bet comes back!!!!!)
- There is supposed to be an equal amount of Boy vs. Girl talent. (last year, if you recall, seems to skew female)
- Early buzz is this is the most talented group in years (believe I've heard that before...I'll be the judge of that)

Most people hate the audition shows. However, I LOVE THEM...and here's why. I study every single character, forwards and backwards (with the help of TIVO) and wonder...is this the one? Are we watching the future Kelly or Carrie...or a future DUD like Trailer Hicks or Rueben? By the way, when Simon talks about the most successful Idols thus far...he lists the big 3...wanna guess who they are? Maybe I should save that as a poll??? I think I will!

Ok, I'm giddy...it will be here before you know it!

xoxo-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cole,
I'm digging the new look. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this years group. Later.