Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Idol News...and other stuff...

Well, no big surprise here, Carrie Underwood is performing at the Grammys. I'd be surprised if Daughtry wasn't on board as well, given he had #1 album sales in 2007. I saw on internet that Daughtry created a video for Nicolas Cage's new National Treasure II movie, but it got cut from the final edit. DOH! You can see it on YouTube.

Today, I am working from home and listening to my tv in background. There is some lame tv show called ivillage.com and today's guest were a couple of former Idol contestants, Gina Gloxsen and Alaina...whoever. I can't believe some of these people get to milk their 15 minutes more, when the new American Idol season starts.

So, Phil Stacey has a new gig on USA Today Idol Chatter. He will be discussing his life and new career as a major-label country artist as he gets ready for the whirlwind surrounding the release of his first album on April 15. Soon, American Idol will officially have launched more country careers than The Grand Ole Opry. Kellie Pickler was on Ellen yesterday. The biggest flop in Nashville has been Bo Bice, who finished 2nd to Carrie, as you recall. WTF happened to him. I even bought his album (of course I did) and it was pretty good, and then ...crickets...no news whatsoever, except he moved to Nashville, bought a house, had a baby and married the mom...all in that order, I do believe. :)

Josh Gracin still has one of my favorite songs on my Ipod. "I Want to Live" is a powerful vocal and I urge you to spend $.99, and download it. Only if you like Poptry(tm). Poptry, of course, is a cross over sound that makes Country artists rich by getting played on Top 40 or Hit 100 radio. And don't try to Google it because I made it up. "Before He Cheats" is the best example of Poptry on the charts right now. TopRock is when Daughtry tries to be on Rock radio, but HOME gets him on every station imaginable because of American Idol each week, playing it when someone gets voted off. I made that one up too. PopRock is a candy that explodes in your mouth. I did not make that one up...but it often is used in reference to John Mayer music. Speaking of JM...do you like his new song "Say"? I do.

More later.

ColeyB

2 comments:

dianelev said...

Bo has a great new CD out called "See The Light". It's pure southern rock. The CD is a Walmart exclusive (like the Eagles) but is available online almost everywhere (iTunes, Amazon etc.). He is also starting a new tour and already has 5 dates posted. Check Bo, his CD and new tour out on http://www.bobice.com
If you enjoy good southern rock, you won't be sorry!

Cole Bronn said...

Wait...hold the phone..is that you in a picture with Bo Bice? NICE one. I will definitely check out this new cd and really thank you for the tip-ski. I loved Bo. I thought he was probably THE best performer in all 6 seasons of Idol, most polished and professional.

Thanks for your comment and visiting my blog...stick around with us for Season 7!!! Love to hear from you again!