Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Talented, Wealthy and Wasted

I know you expect me to rant about the evils of drugs, etc. But really, I hate to admit my freaking fascination with this shit. I mean, people, not since the death of Marilyn Monroe (I wasn't alive btw), John Belushi, and Chris Farley have we witnessed such insanity and loss of talent due most in part to drugs. Heath Ledger was a tragic overdose, it appears right now. Just think about the fact that almost exactly 2 years ago, he was nominated for his first Oscar. And now he is gone.

Look at this trainwreck...
This is Amy Winehouse who is nominated for some prestigious music awards coming up. I doubt she will even be sober enough to get on a plane to the US to attend the Grammy's, that's if she doesn't slip into a anorexic coma. It's tragic. If these rich people living their life dream can't get their shit together, how can normal people like me, working for the factory, have a prayer at survival. I'll tell you how. I plan to stay poor the rest of my life. This is my goal. I don't want too many options, as they appear to kill you. I want to live paycheck to paycheck with no extra money for drugs and drinking and sexual escapading. And I want to be able to leave my house and NO ONE gives a shit. I forever want to be owing taxes at the end of the year, no matter how poor I am, and I want to still clip coupons, eventually getting 50 cents off a tube of denture cream. This is my plan, and it will keep me grounded and out of the tabloids. It will be a struggle, no doubt. Any moment now, I fear someone will discover my fabulousness, but I'm sure I can fuck that up pretty easily.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least Amy Crackhouse went "back to black" on her hair dye. If it was possible for her to look any worse, the blond job did the trick.

Seester

Lu said...

She is a HOT MESS. And I am with you on the sadness of the Heath Ledger thing. Seriously, I was in a photoshop class and Rachel sent me the link over email. I was so sad and I have no connection to the guy...i guess maybe because he's so young and he has that little girl...sad state of affairs man.