Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Movie Top 10...or my attempt to narrow it to 10

In my previous post, I started a rant about movies. It caused me to try to make a Top 10 movie list, and I'd love you to share some of your faves as well. So, in case you are experiencing bad weather, and need some tips for the movie rental store, here are my Top 10 (actually I will be cheating because 10 is just too hard.) This is going to be tough...

1. Wedding Crashers "Want to play tummysticks? "
2. Raising Arizona "High, you go back in there and bring me out a baby."
3. Juno "He's really great...in chair"
3.5 Little Miss Sunshine
4. Pretty Woman
4.5 Sideways
5. Zoolander "Walk off...at the old Members Only warehouse"
6. Talledega Nights
6.5 The Talented Mr. Ripley
7. Urban Cowboy
7.5 Tootsie
8. Top Gun
8.5 Rain Man
9. Steel Magnolias
9.5 Terms of Endearment. Same movie as Steel Magnolias...real tearjerkers
10. There's Something About Mary
10.5 Meet the Parents

And in case you care, I don't like thrillers, but I think my all time favorite classic is the original Poseidon Adventure with Shelly Winters. That scared the Bejeezus out of me. And I admit, I love Mission Impossible III. Well, I love all of the MI series. Sorry, I hate to admit that. And you can't go wrong with a Merchant/Ivory production. Oh, forget it, and I just can't keep doing this. I just started thinking about Dreamgirls, The Sound of Music, Meet Me in St. Louis (Judy Garland sang "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, which made that song the Christmas classic it is today.) Breakfast at Tiffany's...all those Cary Grant classics like To Kill A Mockingbird. How do I leave them off a list. Gone With The Wind...The Ten Commandments. Ok, well, enough for today.

Get the Popcorn and get watching!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cole,

No Godfather??!!?? What the hell? That's like the Holy Grail of movie making. I am starting to question your cred now. Silence of the Lambs, Gladiator, Shawshank Redemption, Good Will Hunting, did you not see any of these?? And don't get me started with Lord of the Rings.

Anonymous said...

You had me till Rainman. How about When Harry Met Sally? I love that movie. Jeffro had all good choices also, except Lord of the Rings.

Anonymous said...

Can of worms? Consider yourself opened.

You are in the shizzle now, seester.

Seester.

Cole Bronn said...

This blog is worm proof. I can delete you all with one swift stroke of the keys. Ask Jeffro

Anonymous said...

It's not fun crossing paths with the Colminator. Taking a "blog hit" from Cole is not fun. I spent months in isolation and intensive therapy. It was nice knowing you seester. Have fun in the witness protection program. My name is Jeffro and Cole approved this message.
By the way, how can we leave off The Deer Hunter with DeNiro. And Taxi Driver. Man, I need to do a list. I put Lord of the Rings on there more for my enjoyment of the books. Did you know those books have only been outsold by one other book? Have you heard of the Bible? That was pretty surprising.