Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hannah Montana

Let me tell you something about myself. I am a 'jump on the bandwagon' kind of person. I admit it, so there, that makes it ok. If everyone else is buzzing about it, I have to know. I will research it and observe it from afar...and then decide whether to jump on or not. Make no mistake, I do not jump onboard first. I jog along side for awhile, watching others jump on or off. Case in point, that tv show LOST. Now, everyone told me, "Oh, Cole, you'll love it. Oh Cole, YOU'RE not watching LOST??? Oh, Cole you are so missing out on a tv phenom...it's so not like you..." But, alas, they were all so looking at me like I was a freakin' genius when they drug out the "what's in the hole" story line. And all the other "who'd dead, dying, or being killed off" storylines. So, glad I missed that one. I also have to admit that my stubborn streak costs me as well. I refuse to see uber BLOCKBUSTERS because they cannot live up to the hype. I did not see Titanic until 2 years after it came out on DVD. Now I regret it, because it could have been cool on big screen. I have seen "Love Actually" and "About a Boy" atleast 15 times, including on a translatlantic flight to London, twice, and yet, I never found time to see but 2 of the last 10 years Oscar winners. I have certain rules, when deciding to see a movie. 1. I'm easily amused. If I have to try to figure out the plotline, forget it. 2. Famous Julian is officially my movie reviewer. He's shoots straight with me, and we see eye-to-eye on things. His backup man, Brian, also, a good go-to movie reviewer. Sorry that you all don't have my Hollyweird connections, but as always, I am happy to share. And #3. the male actor cast is key in deciding whether I will plop down $10 to see a flick. If any of the following actors are involved, I will see the movie, guaranteed: Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller, Hugh Grant, Owen Wilson, Luke Wilson, Michael Cera, Seth Rogan, Steve Carrell. That's it. Thus, the Comedy/Romantic Comedy genre. Even Johnny Depp is not a given. Nor is Tom Cruise. Speaking of Oscars, I can't believe I have seen 2 of the 5 nominated. Juno and Michael Clayton....stellar flics. Juno has risen to my favorite Top 10 of all time, possibly bumping Jerry Macguire out of the top. Of course, Top Gun remains, so Cruise is safe. I know, you are curious as to what is my favorite, and that would be Wedding Crashers. OH< shit, I left Vince Vaughn off the list. damnit. Well, he's on there. I loved him in Swingers. Hated that Jennifer Aniston flick though. I digress...back to Wedding Crashers. Listen, that is the funniest fucking movie since "Night at the Roxbury" or "There's Something About Mary". "Meet the Parents". "Little Miss Sunshine" is my newest entry (before Juno of course). And one movie that will NEVER fall out of the top 10 is Steel Magnolias. I've seen Julia Roberts as Shelby croak atleast 23 times, and I cried like a soap star that just lost her husband to the neighborhood skank. Everytime. I cry cry cry. Oh, but not as much as I cry when Debra Winger croaks in Terms of Endearment. She appeared in another one of my Top 10 flicks...Urban Cowboy. Favorite line..."Momma, hurry up and take my picture, my legs are sweatin'." (She's in a wedding dress with white cowboy boots, no stockings of course). And in case you didn't know, I lived 25 miles from where Urban Cowboy was filmed and danced my ass off at Gilley's more Saturday nights than I care to remember.

This concludes my Saturday ramble. I look at the title of this post which is Hannah Montana. I never really talked about her did I? I was going to confess how I stood in my kitchen this morning, glued to my tiny kitchen tv, with a cup of coffee and got totally sucked into her show today, so much so that I burned my scrambled eggs and left my refrigerator door open for like 10 minutes, long enough for my cat to drag out a stick of celery. My god that Miley Cyrus is hysterical. I know why DeeDee likes to be "dragged" to those concerts by little Jilly. Jilly, Auntie Cole needs to take you to Hollywood to see her next time!!!

1 comment:

Lu said...

OMG Cole--I LOVE LOVE LOVE Wedding Crashers too. That movie makes me laugh so hard. I still watch it and crack up. Friday i was driving to work and there was this SUV and on the back window they painted "MA! GET THE MEATLOAF" with that cheerleader paint or whatever the hell it is. But that made my friday. :)