Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rare Weather Times in Northern California

OMG, what? ColeyB is going to talk about the weather? slow day in Celebrityville?

Well, yes, and no. I mean a Kennedy is in the hospital, which is the equivalent of Prince Charles falling off a polo pony. The Kennedy's are American Royalty. I mean he was on the CNN crawler all day yesterday. Headline news had nothing more to report except he had a seizure and was rushed to the hospital. But the crawler kept going, all day.

Any way, all I was going to say is we are in a heat wave, and the world is freaking out. I mean people are coming out of the woodworks. Usually no one walks in the neighborhood in evenings really, 'cuz it's between 55 and 60 degrees year round...and windy. But not right now. I'm riding the wave in my shorts, sporting my pasty white legs for all to see...well atleast those that scale my 6 foot fence...cuz I would have to pass out sunglasses were I to sport these babies in public. I'm talking Nicole Kidman white, people. And to quote one of my favorite sitcoms, "I have so many bruises on my legs, I look like a wife in a Lifetime movie." ha ha.

I'm launching my own personal effort to save money starting with pedicures, due to the unfortunate gas crisis. My beauty treatments are going to be scaled back. And shopping is dunzo. I have to wear last year's summer clothes. The fucking oil crisis is killing me. So, I announced to my hubby that we would not be getting his and her mani pedi's any longer. And in a moment of weakness I went to Target and bought a foot spa. ha ha. I justified that it cost as much as one trip to "Nice Nails" on Springs Road, and he said...so true. I wondered if he would want to use it. Well, OF COURSE, he did. So we took turns bubbling last night while watching 2 Grey's Anatomy episodes back to back. That was fun. And only $40.00. We couldn't go to Mr. Eddy's Pizza & Pasta for that price.

Instead of shopping today, I am gardening and enjoying the weather in my backyard, and typing on my patio table. So fun.

more later...

x0x0

1 comment:

tinkfromcalif said...

OK if you want to talk HOT I mean really FUCKING HOT you should have been with me riding with my son up to the Rubicon and home in his truck with NO AIR CONDITIONING!!! OMG I seriously thought I might freaking die from heat stroke! It didnt help that we missed a turn on the way up and drove 20 miles the wrong way and had to come back to find the correct turn. I am surprised we didn't try to kill each other right there but we were so rummy from the heat we just kind of laughed. He bought a little fan for the truck for me, being the kind caring son he is, but all it really did was blow hot air around (of course i didn't tell him that). I am sunburnt to a crisp but we had such a wonderful mother/son bonding weekend that I wouldn't have changed it for the world. It is nice when your 17 year old still likes to do things with Mom. When we got back to Modesto I turned the AC in the house down to 70 and seriously wanted to stick my body in the freezer.