Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our Last Performance Night of Season 7: The David Showdown


First, let me start off by giving you the head's up that I stayed home sick today with a colossal migraine. The kind the barametric pressure brings on that makes you feel like you gargled with a 5th of JD and chased it with Tequila. Hang over doesn't begin to describe the pain and sensitivity to light. Even my cat purring in my ear was annoying. Ok, so I'm one of those people that doesn't stay at home sick well, I get fidgety. And, not knowing I was going to get sick, I left my laptop at work, and bam, I had nothing to surf in bed with. So, I read nothing today about Idol, and/or any predictions. I'm sorry, but I litterly was down for the count. To use the boxing terms that will be tossed about the ring tonite. So, anyway, if I'm not funny tonite, well too fucking bad, turn on the comedy channel. That's the brain pain talking. Sorry for being so harsh.

So, the show starts off cheesy as always on big nights. I have to remember that little kids and old ladies love this shit. This is why the acne cream ads and the depends ads run back to back sometimes.

The boxing analogies and the whole silliness was better than a group sing. So, I was glad to hear they got to chose from a list of potential songs, so that we didn't suffer like last year when Blake Lewis (the beat boxer, remember) had to sing the song that favored Jordan. David Cook or Archie would have beat Blake or Jordan, I believe...well, maybe not Jordan, but I meant to say it would have been a David vs. Jordan last year, not Blake. Ok, I'm confusing myself. Let's get to the music.

Cook goes with U2. Not a bad choice. Did I tell y'all about downloading his album "Analog Heart" off the internet. He has 2 great songs on there, that I sing regularly in my mobile car. The Makeover and The Truth Is...or something like that. I literally cannot remember anything with these scrambled brains of mine.

Archie sings one of my favorite Elton songs. For me, I say it was a draw. Both did very well. I did love the U2 song alot, but chills did spill on the Archie tune. This is going down to the wire people.

Second song by Cook...the songwriter contestant choice. Ok, sorry DC but this song should have been sung by the Jonas Brothers. Ugh. I did not like the Umm Bop-ness of this song. Maybe Hanson can pick it up on a rehab tour.

Archie...his song was nice. I think this kid is really showing his shiznits tonite.

3rd song: Collective Soul for DC and Imagine for Archie. Well, I LOVED the Cook song. I will be buying me that shit tonite on Itunes. That was awesome. Archie, nice job, again. Already heard it once. Wish you sang something new.

Do I agree with the judges that Archie won the night. Maybe. Do I think Cook would make a better Idol. Maybe. Do I think Cook wants to do all the stupid bullshit that comes with being a winner of Idol. Nope, probably not. Did he see where Bo Bice went after taking second to Carrie...probably. Did he see what happened to Daughtry after a 4th place exit? YEP, no doubt, and he's got his eyes on THAT prize. He don't give a rats ass about the confetti raining down on his spiky hair tomorrow night, 'cuz homes is busting it out to LA to rock that city blind.

So, another season comes to an end tomorrow night. Oh how I've loved me yet another season of Idol. A season that brought us instruments on stage for the first time. Who will forget Brooke starting and stopping at the piano bench? Our first contestants that blatantly forgot words on stage...and stopped! Our first set of dred locks...who will ever forget the Whoopi Weave? It was a cool season. I liked it. My second blog season. I'd like to thank my peeps...my regulars who stop by with wittiness and wonder...Lu, AmyB, Chris, Jeffro and his office crew, TinkfromCalif, NJ Fan, Seester, Mare Maloooooo, Suki, DeeDee's office mates, AC, the crazy work peeps that snicker behind my back BMov, Player, D, and I'll stop now before someone sues me. I'll shout out to Chad...we missed you this season. And Christina. And I think we've all learned one thing. They better shake this shit up next season, because we got bored this year. And I mean more than shuffling Paula's cheater cards. (no doubt my crowning memory of this season 4 sho) I'll give it to you, Yes, we had the best finale of all 7 seasons. But we really lost our Sanjaya. I wish Michael Johns and the Janis Joplin nurse had stuck around a bit longer, atleast we always held our breath to see "would he really sing another frickin' Queen song?" "would she really come out all raspy voiced and sing Dolly Parton? Sorry, but I too, missed the girls with boobie photos that popped up, that Danny Noriega and his Carol Brady shaggin' head bob weavin' self exited WAY too early. Imagine if someone was in this competition with a voice like Archie but looked and acted like anything else but an Idol. Like a sleeze bag heroin addict skinny chic dude or girl, but the voice of an angel.

So here's to tomorrow night, "wonder what celeb will sing, or past idol?", we have the crowning of another champ, and here's to many happy songs to spill forth from The Clive Davis Hit Record Machine.

xoxo.

Sad final note: Lift up your prayers, if you so choose to do such a thing. Luke Menard, remember him from this season top 24?...looked like Luke Perry (90210)?...he was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. Went in with a cough, just like my dear AmyB, thought it was Pneumonia, turned out to be the Big C for Luke as well. Best wishes, many prayers and good vibes to you Luke. As you all know, AmyB is thriving well...and we hope the best for Luke and for Sen. Ted Kennedy as they fight toward recovery and remission.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw something that said George Michael and Carrie Underwood were singing tomorrow night.

Lu said...

Cole--Twas another fab blog season. Now if only the show was as entertaining as your blog, we'd be in business. I think it's partly because I wasn't walking the hallowed halls of the machine that I couldn't enjoy the season so thouroughly.

Now that the season is over, we definitely need to find some time for some lunch.

Talk to you soon!
xoxo,
Lu

Lu said...

P.S. did you see that your girl Carrie is one of our new spokespeeps for the DS?

Anonymous said...

Well another season comes to an end. I can't believe how fast it was. I thought DC was a little off last night and this morning I heard on a radio station that his brother took a turn for the worse and wasn't able to be at the show. I thought his last song was great! Archie was his usual awesome boring self. I voted as I watched Dancing With the Stars and was still getting some busy signals for DC a couple of hours later. I just don't know where Archie would fit in the music industry. He's just too young to sing those ballads and love songs and be believable.

Thanks for a great blog CB! You have brought many a laugh to my day.

NJ Fan

Jeffro said...

Cole, congrats on another blog well done. I agree that your blog was more entertaing than AI but it was that way last year too. Keep up the great work.

Jeffro