Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What 'cha doing this 4th of July?

Well, if you're like me, you ain't paying for a tank of gas to go running up and down the highway. That's for sure.

Actually, I'm going shopping for a new washer and dryer. Ours sux. I hate it. They are only 5 years old and cost nearly $2000 for the w&D, and they don't clean clothes for shit. I hate them and they are noisy.

Anyone know where I can look on internet for good reviews and stuff? Anyone have any recommendations on the LG or Samsung or Kenmore? Help. I need it. Top load seems to be out...Front load is in. Energy efficient blah blah rebates, blah blah blah.

I feel so old. I should be getting drunk and barbequing and instead I'm going to be haggling with a man at Sears. Or Lowe's Or Best Buy. Not really, I hate them.

Well, tell me what you're up to, okay?

Oh, and guess what I did today? I got taken out to lunch at the Ferry Building in SF. Ok, so I ordered a hamburger, the cheapest thing on the menu and it was $16.00. Ok? Like that's f'ing nuts. And I didn't even eat it all because I ate too many pomme frites. French for French fries. Ha. And we got a bowl of organic fu fu olives floating in some oil and juice that were SO tasty. Fancy girl lunch, that's for sure. I stopped at a deli for a bottle of Pomegranite tea. Ok, $3.29 for a bottle 20 oz size. I looked at the lady and said, "what's it made of, gasoline? That's outrageous." She laughed and took my $5.oo bill and sent me packing.

Oy!

xoxo

2 comments:

Jeffro said...

Cole, '
Being the internet junkie you are, you need to feed yourself with consumerreports.org and pay for a year of service. 26 bucks. Well worth it. This is my resource for reviewing any major purchase. Or you can spend 6 bucks for one month. They review everything and it's available 24/7 so no waiting for a monthly magazine and hoping they review the item you want. I checked out washers and the lg has the top two spots. LG Tromm Steamwasher and LG wm0642h. Good luck. Have a good 4th weekend. We will be at the local minor league baseball stadium for a game and fireworks afterwards.

Anonymous said...

I use the consumer report online also. I just pay the $6 whenever I need it. I only know one person with a front loader and they say it's a real pain if you want to add something while its running but it does get their clothes very clean.

NJ Fan