Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

American Idol Tour 2008 - ColeyB's Review



OMG…okay, even OMG does not describe the total awesomeness of that concert. Those freaking Idols busted it OUT tonite. I’m totally biased and I’m sure you all think I would tell you that, even if they were shit. But listen, no kidding, it was freaking awesome. And I will be honest and call out the people that had no business in the top 10 and there are about 3 of them.

First of all, Suki and Mae Mae attended the concert with me…shout out to my girly girl posse, ‘cuz we had us some fucking screamin’ good laughs and fun. No kidding, we cracked up every 5 minutes. The signs in the crowds, the t-shirts, the COUGARS…there was one lady who was so tanorexic it was pathetic, and she was dancing so much I thought she would sure disentegrate before it was all over. I digress.

First stop, souvenirs. I would not let us go to eat before hand. I had to be there in time to get souvenirs before those 12 yr olds raided the stands. I stood in line at the souvenir stand for 25 minutes, while Suki and Mae Mae went foraging for food. Yes, I bought $50.00 of shit. A David Cook t-shirt which I am wearing to bed tonite. Yummo. A David Cook 5 x 7 which I am going to fake autograph to me from David with lots of hugs and kisses. And a poster of the entire cast. Which I will also fake autograph, all of these things will hang in my cube at work. And all the jealous bitches will be crying. I am scanning that photo of David in, and he will be my new screen saver and desk top.

Ok people, here’s my first big statement of the night. I have decided after careful consideration and thought, that David Cook has dethroned all previous winners and is now officially my favorite Idol of all time. Yes, he has dethroned Carrie. I still like her, but not in the way I like David. If I was a lezbo, maybe. But I’m not, and me likey me some cookie. My cookie crumbles for him. OMG, I did not just write that. Ok, it’s after midnight. But listen, he was fucking hot tonite. You’ll see in the videos. Let me also tell you that this fame game has not yet gone to his head. He sincerely asked the crowd if we minded if he took video of US. He got a camcorder out, and video taped the crowd for like 2 minutes screaming our head’s off. He said he had waited 25 years to sing to a crowd like us, and he intended to tape every single night of the tour, so he would always have it to look at if it all went away. He still doesn’t believe he is a star. SO HUMBLE. He got a little choked up too. He said we were the loudest crowd yet. This is day 8 of the tour. Anyway, needless to say, he was so impressive.

SO, let me lay the show out to you. They literally did a count down from 10 to #1…so we had to wait until like 9:15 to get our first glimpse of David Cook. He was like the last ½ hour of the show. This pissed me off. They had an intermission too, where we watched these dumbasses play Guitar Hero. Snooze a rama. Ugh.

#10: Chikezie: He was awesome. He was really good…no kidding. Good stage presence, so cute talking to crowd. Really fun.
#9: Ramiele Malubay: Ok, not so good. She was in tight black pants, hooker black spike heal rubber boots, and a purple corset top…sort of a Filipino Catwoman, if you will. She was cute, but should not have been in Top 10.
#8: Michael Johns: Queen of course, and he was awesome. He sang “Dream On” Aerosmith anthem and it was better than the Queen “we are the champions” stuff. Crowd was gah gah over him. OMG, drooling.
#7: Kristy Lee Cook: Ummm, we named her Buzzkill Cook, because the crowd just died when she came on, and I think they booed her. No kidding. She was pretty, but sang Country and God Bless the USA and well, some other country song, and that was enough. She pranced around like a stripper in sequins and TIGHT ass jeans. She’s got a rockin’ body, that’s for sure.
#6: Karly Smithson: Opened with Evanescence song and she was good. But I was slowly getting a little anxious to see Cookie. I was tiring of these freaks. They all pretty much ran up and down the same ramps after a while and I was thinking Karly was starting to screech a bit. Also, the budget on this tour must be low, because it appears she is wearing the same Catwoman boots as Ramiele. Or they got them at Payless in a BOGO...(buy one get one) sale
#5: Brooke White: Lovely. She sang Coldplay’s Yellow and it was awesome. She played piano and guitar. Sang a song from Juno movie…1234…tell me that you love me more…so sweet.
#4: Jason Castro: Why? Ukelele and Over the Rainbow. Why? You couldn’t understand a word he said either.
#3: Syesha Mercado: OK, this bitch has got it going ON. People, she looked like a billion bucks and she started up singing Rihanna’s UMBRELLA and did it better than Ri. She was in a gold sparkly dress and her legs are out of this world awesome. She killed her set. Sang 4 songs. So So good.
#2: Archie: Awesome. Sang New Republic “Too Late to Apologize” and it was awesome. Sang other good stuff too. He was so freaking cute. And my ears are still ringing from the screaming. OMG, those little girls went apeshit of him.
#1: David Uber Hottie Cook: Ok, let me just say…”LEAGUES” ABOVE THE OTHERS…STAGE PRESENCE AND VOCALS. OMG, He held a concert. The other performed on a stage. It was just absolutely night and day. Syesha was the 2nd best of the night. She rocked the stage and of course, she’s an actress…Archie was good too…don’t get me wrong, but as far as engaging the crowd and entertaining us…David Cook ruled.

Oh, and the finale was the whole crew singing...please don't stop the music...which was ironic, because they were in fact stopping the music...show over. Mmm. Well, highlight of that was Karly Smithson fell down 4 steps...caught herself and giggled the rest of the show. Suki and Mae Mae (not their real names) did not see.
Alright, well, I can’t post this tonite because I don’t have internet, but I will do it first thing in the am. And I have TONS of pictures which will take me forever to post. But I will post one of each of them.

If it’s not too late, buy a ticket. This concert gets 4 Cookies….well worth the money.

Xoxo and Nitey night for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good. Give me Jason Castro over any of the rest of these people anyday. He's actually more a representation of an actual musician than most AI hacks. Not saying the rest of these guys are hacks, but the guys has a musicians soul to the core. There's a reason SOTR was considered the highlight of Idol Gives Back week and Hallelujah the highlight of the season.

Cole Bronn said...

Ummm....good what? Is this Jason Castro reading my blog? Hi Jason. I think you are cute and all, but you barely talked to the crowd and were more a performer than an entertainer, and there is a difference.

Have fun on the rest of the tour.

tinkfromcalif said...

I told you that you would LOVE the concert! It is funny the year hubby and I went was the year that creepy icky Scott Savol was on and the crowd boo'ed him too. It was too funny!
Now I am bummed that I didn't get tickets for the Sac show...