Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Great 8 Perform Tonite

Well, we open the show and Pauler has her boobs hiked up to her neck, so all signs show it's going to be a hot one tonite y'all. Of course, tomorrow night is the Pillsbury Bake Off Idol Gives Back show. (For those not with us last year, I found that the PIllsbury logo is the same red ribbon as the Idol Gives Back logo. So lame of a logo. But this is what I do for a living, so I am a little more critical I must say.

Well, Michael Johns is up first, and so, here we go. Steven Tyler/Aerosmith "Dream On". That song is not inspirational to me. And he just doesn't measure up. I didn't really like it. He is just not a rocker to me. And Simon agrees.

Is it just me or are these contestants a little bit lippy this season? Now the normal MJ is talking back. Mmm. Are they thinking KLee Cook and Brooke are blazing trails with their recent feedback during judges comments.

Syesha pulls out Fantasia. I thought it was much better than the judges. Again with the lip. These idols are really dishing it back to Randy. He even comments on it, which is funny.

Jason Castro plays the uke. You know I thought this was so stupid at the beginning, but you know what? it was pretty good. A really great version of that song. And he nailed it. For me he saved himself for this week 4 sure.

KLC is pulling out Martina McBride and this is a great song. VERY inspirational. Let me tell you what people, this girl has the best stylist on the show. She is dressed perfectly EVERY week. This girl just has to keep emotion up in her performances. And there you go, she actually whips the mike off the stand and moves her hips to the beat. Best performance on this show, to me. Judges say: good, excellent, and Simon: very, very good indeed. And says tonite she looks like a star. And I have to agree. I think she gave a Carrie calibre of song. When she sticks with country, she nails it.


David Cook...oh no, this is not starting off good to me. What did he say in the first sentence of that song? and why is he swallowing the microphone? Out of all the songs he could sing, what is this shit? Oh, and he writes GIVE BACK on his hand. Clevah. Well, sorry DC, you're my fave, but this week was not good for me dawgette. NOT GOOD. Randy AGREES. Oh look little Taylor Swift is in the crowd. And Simon thought it was pompous.

What is wrong with Pauler tonite? She is like crazy tonite? She is nutso. Like making manic faces.

Carly pulls out Queen. Well somebody has to. I mean it's just not an Idol show without Freddie is it? I mean, it's not a show without Queen songs being butchered and belted out. Carly has yet to find a stylist. Why does she appear week after week in some kind of tank top? And tight black pants. With a gold belt that my gma wore to her retirement party. The end of this was awful. VERY pitchy. Not good. I hope she gets worse marks than DC. Randy is going to rip her. I can tell. Simon, I couldn't agree more with you. Wrong song, and a bit of trouble after tonite. I hated the outfit. The silver in the top and gold belt?

Ok, Pauler's boobs are so distracting tonite. Like that dress has her cut in half...like her boobs are crushed at the bottom. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

David ARchuleta, I'm sorry but I am focused on the smoke machine puffing over his shoulder. Bad camera angle. Great song, great performance. He's really maturing in his performances. Randy: loved it. Hottest moment of all season. Pauler: Good feedback of course Simon: felt like it was nasally but admits he was nitpicking. I gotta give it to that kid. He would have beat Clay Aiken or Rueben...and Taylor Hicks couldn't even come close to him.

Brooke White: Pulls Carroll King out. Hey, I think Brooke wears my same glasses! Groovy girl. Good song for her, can't wait to hear it. Nice performance. It was so sweet. I don't like that outfit. It could have been a little bit hipper. Very inspirational. It got the judges "nice stamp of approval". And really it wasn't a sock blower.

You know, I have to give mad props to Ryan Seacrest these past few weeks. He's a sweet man. He really seems to care about these contestants. He's like holding onto Brooke to make her feel better. She's shaking. I loves me some Ryan.

Well party peeps, this was a pretty good week. I can't really find a total stinker in the whole lot. But Carly gets my vote for the worst of show this week. And not just because I am sick of Queen. Syesha wasn't so great and neither was MJ...

Nitey nite

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Kristy Lee will live to see another week. I think Syesha and tattoo girl will be in the bottom along with Mike or David C. (what was with that white jacket). I think Carly will be going home. I love the version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow that Jason sang. It's one of my favorites. It was perfect for him. I really don't think the finalists should sing past winners songs. I agreed with Randi. I could only picture Fantasia. I guess we will have to wait for Thursday for eliminations. Isn't this the week they tortured Jordin last year by making her believe she was going home?

NJ Fan

windycitynut said...

Syesha should be going home after that Fa.,mm;sorry, I can't even get myself to type that name. I hate everything Barri...see I just can't do it. Cole knows what I mean. My wife to this day will not watch Idol since that no talent won. I digress. We have been humming Somewhere over the Rainbow all day here at work. Our customers have all left and management is threatening a "forced" vacation. I love AI. Later
Jeffro

Margaret said...

I loved Jason's Rainbow as well. I was afraid the uke would freak Simon out, but even he liked it. My stepdaughter's (twins age 9) were horrified at Paula's dress, and made multiple comments about how bad it looked. I don't mind some boobage, but it simply looked like it didn't fit. How weird.