Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Andrew Lloyd Webber Nite...

Please let me be pleasantly surprised!!! My expectations are low. I have a friend Kendall in the crowd at the live show tonite..I hope I can get some good scoop from her.

So, they say that the idols need to make themselves memorable...so let's start off with Syesha, who has gotten alot of 'forgettable' comments from Simon.

Syesha Mercado - One Rock N Roll too many...started a beat too soon...Hey, they gave Syesha a pimp dance partner. You know this ain't bad. I kind of like it. Nice personality. Think about this compared to Brooke sitting behind a piano last week... I think if Syesha could project her voice just a bit louder, she would be awesome...but that was probably her best performance ever for me. Hey and Randy agrees with me. Shocker. Pauler is agreeing with us all. And she was perfectly dressed for this performance...and Simon may have gotten a chubby out of it. No bottom 3 for Syesha this week. Ricky Minor is a Pussycat Doll. That Ryan..he's such a kidder.

So far...pleasantly surprised. But Whoopi Weave is up next. Oh lord is he a dipshit. He's not the brightest bulb in the tanning bed. (hello...stole that from JUNO). I hate the audience waving their damn arms. They look like drowning mermaids or like they just fell overboard from the Good Ship Dumbshit. Ok, singing is over. I'm sorry. The guy is as nice as pie...but I'm tired of his act now. It's getting old. It's the same damn thing each week...he's squatting on a stool and bats his eyes. Oh and Randy is ripping him. Pauler astutely points out he is not a female ballad singer. haha. They always dress Jason terribly. Simon is acting up..he's bored. The venom is just burning a hole on the tip of his tongue. Simon has such fantasies some times...forced to sing at a wedding by his parents. How did he come up with that shit.

ALW gives Brooke mad props ... uh oh...she forgot the words again. She has to restart. Watch her really close people, because this is her last week on the show. Off to Broadway she goes. Her and her natural actress self. She better learn to control stage fright. Oh, again with the waving arms. This looks painful for her to push out. She keeps dipping her head. Like a dolphin or something. I just want to shove the microphone to her face...she keeps waving it around and I'm losing the song. Ok, this wasn't good for me. It wasn't as bad as Jason, but I feel like it was a bit pitchy...When Pauler starts out with 'umm...and says "You must never start and stop"...I don't get what she meant after that. I would just want to bitch slap her. Simon could have been meaner. Atleast he said she was brave to start and stop...that was cool. Shut up Pauler..you wanted her to lie...and make up the words. Well maybe that shit works on your songs...straight up and tell me blah blah ba blah...wanna be together...whoa whoa whoa. There aren't any whoa whoa whoa's in Broadway musicals. you goof ball.

OMG, they are pimping out DAvid ARchuletta. To brace face girls. Lord have mercy. So, he has to open his eyes up and sing this song...and he keeps squint blinking. It's funny. This kid is talented as all get out. He's like a tiny young Michael Bolton. Hee hee. Nice job DA. Andrew LW in the crowd looks like a big old toad. He's ancient. Yet so talented I must admit. Randy say he is the one to beat. Well, DCook is going to come up and fry his ass. Simon felt it was weak and forgettable. What? That shocked me.

Notice how Carly is smiling like a cheshire cat tonite. She learned from her feedback as the mad screamer. Good for her. Can't kick a girl for trying...and I kind of liked it. I think it beat Jason or Brooke. She looked good too. She ain't going anywhere tonite. OK, the tshirt was stupid. Who staged that shit?

Saving the best for last...my guy David Cook...he killed it. That was awesome. I loved that performance. I got chills. Very, very nice vocal.

Well, I must admit...I was pleasantly surprised and happy with the the show tonite. Dammit..I completely worked late tonite at the office and it's already 10:30 pm. Gotta skidaddle off to to beddy bye.

xoxo...zzzzzzzzz.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I must say that last night I totally LOVED David Archuletta. He performed his song with such a fresh, new arrangement that I went to itunes to buy it. (I didn't see if for sale). Coley, can you download a song the day after or do they not make them available for a while?

Anonymous said...

I am so bored of Archie. Yes he has a great voice but he does the same thing every week. Boring ballads. I never bought a Michael Bolton album and I'd never buy a David Archuletta one (but I'm sure a lot of people will). Goodbye Brooke, you deserve to go.

NJ Fan

Anonymous said...

Hey Coley -

Follow-up:

I found the song on the David Archuletta fan site.

http://www.archuletafans.com/Top-06-Think-Of-Me-t4705.html