Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Yippee...Free Slurpee Day at 7-11. Thanks Homer!

It's Homer Simpson Day at Kwik-E-Mart. All the Indian Americans are totally against the Simpson movie tie-in. Because of the Kwik-E-Mart owner, Apu, being made fun of as an Indian owner that overcharges for rotten food. But ten 7-11's were rebranded to Kwik-E-Marts today and the whole chain has Homer pink donuts and a bunch of brilliant signage and swag. Only the rebranded Simpson stores sell Krusty O cereal, etc. and I had to get you some pics. I got this at the webside "nohomers.com" and I can't tell if they hate homer or not, but anyway... And the stuff is flying off the shelves. Pretty cool. We are making the game at my job, so there are standee's of Homer in his underwear eating donuts all over the office. And Bart, etc. Very funny.

5 comments:

Christina said...

No Homers LOVES Homer...I'm a member of their forum (and I was voted "hottest girl at No Homers" - not that I'm proud or anything) and it's a really well respected Simpsons site (it's been mentioned in the DVD commentaries more than once). The name comes from the episode where Homer tries to join the Stonecutters, fails miserably until they find out he is the prophesied leader - then they get sick of him so they start a new secret society called No Homers.

Anyhoo. I wish we had 7-11's here -- we have a few, but none close by - and I miss getting Squishees -- err, slurpies.

Lu said...

Cole BTW I am all over making the band 4. It's so bad it's good. The drama, the urban boy band, Puffy...its all quite magical. I have been watching all the eps when they show the marathons on MTV. It's heinous...heinously GREAT!

I can't believe we're both back at work. this blows.

Cole Bronn said...

Hey Christina, where's the beef? Sorry, couldn't resist and sorry!!! Hope you are on the mend.

Christina said...

Lu - did you watch Making the Band 3? That was one of my favorite shows ever because the girls were legitimately sweet and likable - but Making the Band 4 is great because a) half the guys are gay -- and you know that is just hilarious in context to the whole hip hop world (though it is heinously sad that they have to be so closeted, that truly kills me) AND because Puffy couldn't do the whole "walk to Brooklyn and get me cheesecake at 2 AM" bullshit with the girl group (they had more than enough torture with that house-mother from hell, that awful queen Jayson who made things so bad, Johnny Wright had to step in and save those sweet girls from that horror), which was my favorite part of Making the Band 2 -- brilliantly parodied by Dave Chapelle on Season 2 of Chapelle's Show.

Yeah, the first Making of the Band was a travesty -- it was awful - but the Puffy versions have all been fantastic.

And Cole - HA. Except no. And thank you :-)

Lu said...

Christina--You know i did! I was all over Making the Band 3 too! Fell pray to Danity Kane, bought the album when it came out, and I still rock out to it in my car! Love how ridiculous Puffy is. He's so dramatic....love it all!!