Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Oh no she DIT'Unt...She Didn't...Could she have?

She apologized to Clive. On MySpace. Why? I was really stunned by the news, and then I looked into it. Well, first of all it wasn't on her lame ass MySpace page. (MySpace being the lame term here, not Kelly's part in it).

It was on her website and here it is.

"There has been quite a bit of controversy surrounding the release of "My December," much of which has focused on a supposed feud with my record label, in particular, Clive Davis. I want to set the record straight on this by saying that I want my band, my advisors, those close to me and my record label to be one big, tightly knit family. Like any family we will disagree and argue sometimes but, in the end, it's respect and admiration that will keep us together. A lot has been made in the press about my relationship with Clive. Much of this has been blown way out of proportion and taken out of context. Contrary to recent characterizations in the press, I'm well aware that Clive is one of the great record men of all time. He has been a key advisor and has been an important force in my success to date. He has also given me respect by releasing my new album when he was not obligated to do so. I really regret how this has turned out and I apologize to those whom I have done disservice. I would never intentionally hurt anyone. I love music, and I love the people I am blessed to work with. I am happy that my team is behind me and I look forward to the future."

- Kelly


Ok, so in my book, that was not an apology. That was a well crafted message that said, "Hey everybody, shut the hell up about me and Clive and just listen to my music." She never typed the words "Mr. Davis, I sincerely apologize for calling you an 80 year old man that isn't supposed to like my music." She did say he respected her by releasing the new album which he didn't have to do. Now, that was a respectful and classy move.

I think it was a nice appropriate "make nice" statement, and was not a "role over and kiss ass" move at all. I'm down with it.

Cole

No comments: