Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Chelsea Lately Show Debuts tonite...



Here's an article I hadn't seen. And she was in the newspaper mag in Sunday's paper this week. Nothing new here, but it beat looking at Paris Hilton surfing doesn't it? Who surfs in a bikini that doesn't want her ta tas on tmz.com??? Cameron Diaz and PHilton. That's who.

Here's the US article:
------------
Kelly Clarkson has taken great pains to make sure she’ll never have to wait tables or sling drinks again.
In the new issue of Reader’s Digest, she reveals that, by the time she was 23, she had put enough money away to keep her set for the rest of her life.
Clarkson, 25, who fired her manager last month and cancelled her upcoming tour, also boldly continues to trash her label RCA and its 75-year-old CEO Clive Davis.
Kelly calls out all the haters in interview excerpts below:
On making her albums:
“There’ve been a lot of cooks in the kitchen on all three of my albums. Everybody wants a success, so that’s great. On the other hand, the kitchen gets real crowded.”
On the RCA Records haters:
“They hated Miss Independent on my first album. It was No. 1 for six weeks, then they got behind it. They hated Breakaway. The song I wrote that they hated the most was Because of You. I fought and fought for it, it became successful and they finally got behind it. I’m not complaining, I’ll just say no until I get my way, and I did.”
On rumors that Clive Davis didn’t like her new album, My December:
“I just want people to hear it, instead of 100-year old executives making decisions on what’s good for pop radio. It’s people my age who listen to it. My gut hasn’t been wrong yet, so why wouldn’t I continue to follow it?”
On American Idol:
“I did my own hair and makeup for the first half of the shows. What you saw us wearing was our stuff from home. We’d be in a magazine under the heading ‘What Was She Thinking?’ I was like, I’m thinking I ain’t got no money.”
On money:
“I have saved and saved, and I don’t have to work another day. When I won Idol and started working with a business manager, she asked, ‘What do you want?’ I was like, I don’t ever want to have to make a decision because I need money. So we accomplished that two years ago, and I’m set.”

2 comments:

Lu said...

Hi Cole.
I just wanted to say hi, since i haven't been able to comment as much as I'd like due to being so busy at work my head is spinning. :) Did you watch the Chelsea Lately show? I wanted to but forgot. I think I might be too caught up in Scott Baio 45 and Single...come on is anyone else with me? Christina has to be all over this one too!

Cole Bronn said...

Hi Luella, missed you lovey. I simply am too into my Nintendo DS games and my new trash novel to pick up any new tv. I can't do it. And I loved Scott Baio. LOVED him. Tivo did not capture freakin Chelsea lately show. I hope to see it tonite.

Bye now.