Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Guess what's happening on October 23?

Oh, it's gonna' be a big day for music...wait for it, wait for it...

Carrie Underwood will release her 2nd album....[insert loud applause and roar of crowd here].

Following up her 6 million + "Some Hearts" album, which if it was a sport would have been named Rookie of the Year, she will release under the same record label. I think this is unusual...don't they usually dump the American Idol label? Wait, actually, I forgot she under GrampaClive. How could I forget last year's finale where he all but dry humped her on stage. Oh, that was terrible. I hope she doesn't read this.

You know how I always have to live in the future and have something to count down to? Well, August is looking pretty lame. I got to get something on the calendar. September we have friends coming to visit for Labor Day, but the beauty is they come Weds nite, and leave Sunday am, leaving us with 2 days to recover and enjoy a little vacay time of our own. They are fun people too, so low maintenance. They like to sleep alot. Hilarious. Friends of my husband's from high school. Then we go to Kauai with Queen Lee Lee and Hubby, so September is covered. And now I have something to look forward to in October. It's my wedding anniversary month, but since we are going to Hawaii in late September, I doubt I can milk 2 celebrations out of the spouse. He's still not convinced, after 12 years, he made the right choice anyway, so why push it? LOL, just kidding.

In other idol and celebrity news...I saw some clips of the Idol tour yesterday. Oddly, there was NO interviews or coverage of Blake or Chris. You saw all the other ones, and interviews with Jordin, Sanjaya, Melinda, Chris and Phil. Gina Gloxsen and Haley do a weird tramp stomp dance, and they all do this weird group crap that has Chris Sligh in the oddest outfit. Phil Stacey announces that he is going to release a country album this Fall. So, on the topic of Country...

You know I TIVO CMT Insider..which is the Entertainment Tonite format show for country music. Quite good actually, as they cover the idols ALOT. Let me just recap those Idols that have released albums on the CMT charts...Carrie (duh), Josh Gracin (download "I Want to Live"...5 Carries for that song), Bucky Covington, Kellie Pickler, Carmen Rasmussen, Bo Bice (supposed to be soon, lives in Nashville), Melinda Doolittle (coming up with Country/Gospel probably, and finally, Kelly Clarkson is on the charts right now with the Reba McIntyre remake of "Because of You". They showed the video yesterday and KC looks amazing in it. It shows her as an abused girlfriend and Reba sings out her pain. Very dramatic and beautifully shot. I bet it gets Video of the year nominations for sure. Tivo alert: the Country Music Fanfest Rocks show is on tomorrow (Monday) night on ABC. Make sure you check it out. It looks great and Kelly C and Kellie P are performing. Pickler actually has the #1 video on CMT countdown this week, and it's actually very, very good. She is a great studio singer...and this ballad is quite nice. And finally, they interviewed a bunch of country music musicians (Alan Jackson, Martina McB, Kenny Chesney, etc.) to ask if they ever watched Idol. The funniest one was Alan Jackson said "Yes, I know all the little girls just loved that little boy with the funny hair. But he can't sing a lick. Bless his heart, he's terrible. Boy can't sing, but the little girls don't care." LOL

In other celeb news: Another rehab announcement...Brigitte Nielsen checks in. What I find shocking about this is the fact she is still listed as a celebrity.

Tribute to Tammy Faye Baker Messner...RIP. Hope you dumped all your Maybelline stock before this announcement because eyeliner sales in the South will suffer greatly over this loss.

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Alan Chandler said...

Although I live in the UK, I got to see Melinda Doolittle live in Nashville almost exactly two years ago. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had.

I just wish I could make it to Feinstein's this next week, but sadly that is just not possible.

If you can get to New York don't miss the opportunity.