Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Season 7 Top 12

The next person that logs onto the blog is hit reader number 12,000!!! Woo Hoo.

Well we have the boys and girls mixed up tonite. Girl Boy Girl Boy will be how it goes down. New Stage, and I think Ryan has a new energy, I'm picking up. Good thing because he is dressed like a pallbearer tonite. He is down there rubbing on the judges and shaking hands with the mosh pit. He seems a little amped up tonite. Let's see what the new digs do to the rest of the Idols.

Sayesha is up first. For me, she starts this song out too low. Bad range. Well, I thought it was ok, and it's so funny but I thought this was an Earth Wind and Fire song. How sad. Well, she is a beautiful Halle Berry of a woman and I think it was good enough to carry her to next week.

Chikezie. I love his voice, but I hope he doesn't bring us another crooner vibe, Babyface or Luther Vandross performance. In fact I hope they all shake it up a bit. Ok, he's on the floor with the band, mmm. Well, it's different, and actually, this is kind of good...OK WHAT THE FUCK...sleeper cell Chikezie. He is killing it. Me and my husband are looking at each other like, what is this shit? Greg says he has been sandbagging! ha. I LOVED IT. Wow, look at the audience standing up. And the judges are as shocked as me. OK...did I call that Ryan Seacrest energy early or what? He's freaking out on the stage.

Ramiele - I'm surprised this girl is able to make it on stage with her distraught self over the loss of Danny Noriega. BORING...this performance has high school musical written all over it. She looks like she is going to the prom.

Jason Castro. GUESS WHAT? I graduated from Texas A&M in College Station too! Whoop! I love this song. Listen, I think Jason Castro is as sweet as a Krispy Kreme, but if you eat too many you are sluggish and unable to move. And that's how I feel about his somewhat boring performances. He's very kind of just blah. Simon is saying he is a little bit of a student in the bedroom at midnight.

Karly - they admit they are in their own apartments now. She's going to sing "Come Together". I like it. She's changed it up a bit and she's bringing a good vibe to it. I like the way she is breaking up the intensity and vocals. I give her mad props for that, and I'm not really one of her biggest fans. She sort of reminded me of the way Kelly Clarkson gets all into her songs. Same mannerisms I think, sort of? I don't know, I just saw a glimpse of Kelly. Ok, let's see what the judges say. OMG< Simon totally agrees with me and sees the Kelly Clarkson thing as well.

Has anyone noticed that I am not SUPER DUPER excited about anyone yet? I am not really looking forward to any one person yet. I like David Archuleta, but I do have to say, the lip licking is limiting me. And he's just too young. I don't care how good he is.

David Cook...well, his hair is finally not fucked up. Finally a stylist is helping. I actually like this alot. Eleanor Rigby. I think this guy is running to the top of my list. For the boys, I like this guy alot. He may be my fave, for now. I loved this shit. I did. He tore it up. He's gotten cuter too. Mmm....Simon thought it was brilliant. And said he could win the entire show.

Here comes Brooke the twinkie. She's like vanilla sponge cake. She better rip this shit up or she is going home if she doesn't. Let it Be. OMG, BORING. I don't know how she is going to bring this to the stage. Surprise me Brooke. I dare you. OK, sorry but you know who she looks EXACTLY LIKE? That evil Nelly on Little House on the Prairie, the blonde daughter of the shop keeper? The one that tormented Laura? I digress. Listen, Alicia Keys makes it happen at the piano. And Brooke is doing a decent job of this song. Shaking her head like Stevie Wonder. Ok, but are you going to buy concert tickets to see her twinkie ass? I don't know. It'd be like seeing Nicole Kidman in concert. Beautiful, sweet, and elegant. But BORING. Now, if Brooke shows up in a slasher film, whoa, that'd be cool. But listen, I would buy her cd, just like I bought Michael Buble' and Josh Groban. And the judges think she did a better job than me. Well, go figure.

David Hernandez - dude...why are you plugging Pizza Bistro so many times since they canned your ass? Singing, "I Saw You Standing There". He's bringing us the Cheesy Elvis performance version. HE'S OUT. Guaranteed. This is gross. I HATE IT. Sorry. I think he can sing, but this was an awful song choice. Randy agrees with me. That didn't work well. Pauler didn't like it either. SIMON....no.no.no. Corny and Rabbit in the headlights. Rabbit and Deer...whatever.

Uh oh, we have Beetlejuice on the show...oh, I mean Amanda Overmyer...Nurse Beetlejuice Joplin. Ok, I have to separate out my feelings about her style music and whether I think she is talented. i do think she has alot of talent. Do I think she is appropriate for this competition...no. She would be perfect for singing Kelly Clarkson's MY DECEMBER album. Because it was too harsh for Kelly and would have been great for Nurse Beetlejuice. I think she did great, but I don't like her sound. Enough said.

Michael Johns...sort of the Josh Groban of the competition. He's kind of old and sedate. He isn't going to ever be a rocker dude like David Cook. It was a really good vocal. Really good, But it wasn't earthshattering like Chikezie and David Cook.
goddammit Simon, you only have 12 names to remember. What a loser. What's the Irish girl's name? haha.

Kristy Lee Cook looks just like Amy Adams, doesn't she? And she is making a country song out of 8 Days a Week. Country Fried Beatles. Mmm. OMG "AWFUL" doesn't begin to describe it to me. The pace is so fast, it's Cowboy Crack. Ok, imagine trying to 2 step to this shit. take a step with every down beat....and hello, I'm running around Gilley's so fast my boot scootin' is Boot Flyin'. That' spells disaster for me honey. BYE NOW. Buh Bye. That was probably one of the worst performances I have ever seen on this show. Sorry. Pauler was mean, for once. Simon is going to bomb her. OK< Dolly Parton on helium...horrendous, very brave but foolish. Ghastly Country Fair. Banjo players and you. Oh man, Sanjaya had some bad nights but I feel like his Faux-Hawk was the only thing to top this.

David better sing some crazy good song, no soft boring sad shit, dude. Pick it up. Work it out. What, he forgot the words. Maybe if he paid more attention to lyrics than his Danny Noriega dance moves. Oh, he forgot words again. OMG, for the 3rd time he forgot the words. Ok, like I am so sad for him. This was awful. Oh shit, its not over yet. Damn, get off the stage. This is what I am saying people. He burned too bright too soon, and took his wick down too quickly. Nerves got him bad. I'm reminded of the SNL skit where Jason Priestly was in a skit where he is in a skating competition and he kept falling, and the crowd just kept going "Ooh" and "ooh". Look that one up on You Tube. HIlarious. Simon sez: That was a mess. Bad song pick. Oh, poor boy is going to cry himself to sleep tonite. Poor guy. He's so young. Little precious. I just want to hug him.

Well, I give that show a B++. It was pretty good. Some good surprises in the batch, that's for sure.

Nitey Nite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why but I have a feeling Syesha will be voted off. She went first and is easily forgotten. I don't think she should though, I would like to see Stripper boy or horse girl go. David Cook was excellent! Any suggestions what he can do with his hair? A wig maybe. As you can tell it really bugs me!

NJ Fan