Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Another week, some more songs by the Beatles

Ryan is quick to distinguish that this is not the Lennon McCartney album collection, it's the Beatles. Ok, so what's the diff? There isn't really any difference, and if there is, it's about as big as a butt hair...which isn't that big, in case you don't go about measuring those.

Well, I loved the Beatles, and I loved Styx and Peter Frampton, and I don't really want to see these people sing that old shit. Why do they do this crap? I have my thoughts. Because no one can sing today's crap. It's crap. Can you see David Archuleta try to tackle a Britney tune, or something from NSync or Pink? Nope. But I do admit I wish someone could bust out Justin Timberlake's "What Comes Around Goes Around" song. That song is super-nova-groovy. And I'd love if someone could sing Fergie too. I love Big Girls Don't Cry.

Ok, so I've listened to Nurse Rocker, Kristy Lee Cook and David Archuleta. I agree with the feedback. I did like Kristy more this week than ever before, but her clock is ticking. David is just so damn cute, young and cheesy. I know he is great, but I wish he was a bit cooler. He's not suave. He's kind of a baby boy. The voice of a 20-something, but the mannerisms of a 15 yr old, for me. I don't mean to be rude but his aw-shucks ness is getting a little 'meh'.

Michael Johns is up. How odd to go from teeny bop hour and then switch to full grown man. See what I mean? It's a disconnect...like a decade in age difference. This guys just seems to be on the opposite end of the spectrum...too old. Like this dude is Justin Timberlake's age. Kind of crazy, but true. And now he is finished singing...and I didn't really dig it. I didn't hate it, but for me, it wasn't that groovy of a song and why does he keep picking druggy songs. Oh, Randy agreed. Pauler is giving him an excuse for it. Monitors in ears. Simon felt it was a mess. A big ole' hot tranny mess. Fierce.

Slammo Whammo. Pauler is embarrassed by the fact it is revealed the dude did not have the ear monitors. Hee hee.

Brooke White is here. Where's my insulin shot? This sugary chick. Listen, my husband says she is a sleeper cell. She is really good, and I like her performance here. I do wish she hadn't worn a yellow sunny dress to sing "here comes the sun". It's like a move you would make in your elementary school pageant. She's so sunshiny.

Oh, yeah@ my favorite is up...David Cook. Oh, did I tell you guys that he was my pick? He's my Jordin Sparks and Kelly and Chris and Carrie. This is the one I am rootin' tootin' dreaming for!!! I loves him. Dreamy. Simon sucks. He looked a bit smug, he says. Ok, Simon, you are full of shit. Totally disagree. I loved the guitar thing too. Awesome.

Ok, next up we have Carly Smithson. Man they are dragging this shit OUT. 2 hours. Well, Pauler gives her a capital F for fantastic and Simon gives her a Capital F for F'd Up. And Carly tries to get the sympathy vote. Hey, by the way, she looks so pretty tonite. She is really, really pretty. And now Simon says they are all broken birds. And he's very uncomfortable. ha. This is a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

Hey, Kellie Pickler is on tomorrow night. Jason Castro. guess what? Little piece of trivia. My nephews actually attend the elementary school that Jason attended as a wee tyke. So, now all the little boys and girls have Jason Castro shirts on at school and shit. And people have his name shoe polished on their cars. He has the most amazing eyes and eyelashes. He should cut those shitty dreads and be an underwear model. Or perhaps a male makeup model. Do they have those? This guy is great but really he just doesn't make me insane for him. No one really does, no one, even my newly crowned favorite, David Cook, is inspiring me like Chris Daughtry ever did.

FINALLY SIMON SAYS WHAT I THINK...2 weeks of Beatles is OVER KILL. OH VURR KEELLL. Sick of it. Like if I had any Beatles records I'd put them in the deepest crevices of my cd stand, never to be uncovered for a while.

Sayesha Mercado-Boobinski. Is she suddenly nursing an infant? She has her twin sisters out and about loud and proud tonite. I don't like this high pitch she sang this in, for some reason. That high note was a bit like fangers on the ol' chalk board for me, y'all. It was sweet but a bit safe and boring, maybe. I think she did take risk by not hiding behind a band. The guitar was my favorite part. Actually, if I think about it, this was not safe but really risky because it was hard to sing solo with a guitar. I don't know, I do surely think she was better than Nurse Rocker and Kristy, but I did like Carly and Brooke better.

Here comes Chikezie. Oh, come on, this dude was so funny last week. They even made fun of all this shit on THE SOUP last Friday. I whole heartedly disagree with the feedback on Cheeky. I loved that song. My husband is yelling at the tv so loud the cat scrammed from the room. He loved that song. Is my husband gay? I hope not. He loves this shit though. You know, if Cheeky

Ramiele...I hope Danny Noriega lists you as his "Plus 1" on that cruise because I do believe you will be free to sail. This is very karaoke, or perhaps "cruise ship" performance. I hate that shimmy you do. I hate your pimp hat. I love your makeup and you are the prettiest tonite. But, I do not think this is going to keep you in the competition, to quote Simon.

Well, for me, I am going to continue voting off Kristy Lee Cook. Or Nurse Rocker. Both of them have to be running their course...and Ramiele is in the bottom 3 with them. That's it for me.

Listen people, don't complain too much. We did have to suffer through a lot worse in previous top 12s. Chris Sligh, Anthony Federov, JP Stevens, Chicken Little, Paris Bennett, Jasmine Trias and the slew of wannabes now refilling Kleenex boxes in rehab like Jessica Sierra. So, we are really actually being treated this season.

Bye 'til tomorrow. OH< and btw, I am going to be out tomorrow, I am going to the Tiburon Film Festival to see a movie about the 20 years of trial and tribulations of Public Enemy. I confess, my friend is a friend of Chuck D, and I am going to watch Flavor Flav. I loves me some Flavor Flav and his rad clock collection. Hee hee I'll comment on the vote off on Thursday.

1 comment:

tinkfromcalif said...

I TRIED so hard NOT to come and read this today....DARN IT...I have ZERO willpower!!! I hate Tuesday nights....First of all I have Days of our Lives to watch that I tivo every day. Then I have to choose between Biggest Loser or AI. Well BL won last night so I will be watching AI with the vote off show back to back tonight which actually isn't all that bad to do. One person at work says he thinks Brooke is going home...was she that bad?