Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Girls Last Night on Stage alone

Ryan opens tonites show saying this is the last time they are alone on the stage...which means next week, they are down to the Top 12...and then it's one off each week until the end right?

Greg says Pauler looks like she has been on an all-night bender and looks like a freakin' wreck.  I personally think the clip in her hair looks a little like a belt buckle.  Oh, and she takes credit for the pompom hairdo of the 80's...umm, hello?  Did they remove the mirror in your dressing room tonite, because you have a freakin' pork bun on top of your head tonite...

And Asia comes out first, wearing Peg Bundy pants.  Did they get a bargain on these in wardrobe, because we see Ramiele wearing these bundy britches as well.    Now, listen those backup singers dress worse than I do for work.  Tank tops and t-shirts.  I guess it's Casual Friday on Idol tonite.  

How many years are we going to listen to contestants come out, sing Whitney or Celine, and the judges say the same damn thing?  Every single time.  So, those boneheads need to stop singing Mariah, Celine and Whitney.  But really, it is risky, and if they 1/2 way do it right it works, I suppose.

Ok, before I get too long, I just want to remind everyone, that I type this as it plays, no edits, and I type just a real time stream of consciousness...does that make sense.  Someone at work was confused the other day.  It may seem a little weird that I just type and type, but that's what I do.  I like to listen and not get caught up in the act so much.  

Kady Malloy - what the hell is this song.  She did hit that note really nice, at the crescendo.  If she keeps improving, she does have the 'total package' potential. Mark my words, she will get compared to Carrie Underwood, as they are both beautiful blondies.  I think that was a weird song choice, cause I have no clue...I don't think it was bad enough to go home, but I don't think it was a David Archie bust out burn it down performance.  Simon sez, 'better than last week'.  Still issues with lack of personality and her robotic ways.  You know she reminds me of Lisa Marie Presley a bit.  Has a real fuck you look on her face a bit.  Listen, this girl is much hotter than Lauren Conrad or Heidi Montag.  Really, I'd rather watch her clowning around on tv, than singing.  

Nurse Rocker - singing Joan Jett and pretty much the same act as her past ones.  But atleast it doesn't sound like she is in a Janis Joplin Tribute Band.  This girl has a great voice...it's just not for this competition to me.  She does have a nice performance though.  You know, she would have been good in that RockStar Supernova competition.  Or like Amy Lee in Evanescence.   Wow, Simon gives her MAD props.  You know, when she smiles she is a really pretty girl.  That hair matches her personality too..a halo of blondie backed by a mop of darkness.  

Carly singing ...um...I have no idea.  I drove all night song.  This song is the stupidest song I've ever heard of.  Tonite, it's very interesting to me, my husband has commented on all the clothing.  Again, these pants look horrible on her, according to my hub.  Funny.  Very funny.  Simon hated the song.  OH, it's a Celine song.  No wonder I didn't like it.  Wow, her mom is a beautiful lady.  How sweet is that.  Her mom is here from Ireland.

Kristy Lee Cook is going to sing Journey.  I LOVE Journey.  Will she sing "Open Arms" or "City Lights"?  Wow, she sings Faithfully.  That last note was a little rocky though.  And she could have put a little more into it.  I think it was not so good, it wasn't bad, for me...but I think there were some high points.  Pauler looks like she is rubbing on Simon.  What is she doing, besides adding new words to the vocabulary "Positivity".  My hub makes a good observation...he thinks people pick songs they like, not necessarily what's best for them, because they can remember the words!  I think that makes sense.

Ramiele - Phil Collins, Take a Look At me Now, Isn't that the song I was thinking of last night?  From the Against All Odds soundtrack.  This girl has some pipes.  I think she sings great.  She has a mature inflection in her singing, and many levels to her performances.  I really like her.  I do like that they changed the dairy queen whip hairdo, and a more balanced style on her little head tonite. Pauler, I swear to God, I am so lost by your comments.  She's drunk again.  Skitzo.  Simey sez she is little and cute and a little old fashioned.  Whatevs.  She isn't exactly the whole package peeps.  I fear I cannot see a big following for her. And they dressed her like someone on the set of The Office.  She looks like Angela in Accounting.  

Brook White is singing Pat Benatar next.  She sings sitting on the edge of the stage.  Not sure what I think about this...it's a bit boring.   The words repeat to much to just sing this only accompanied by a guitar.  I think her voice is different, but is it a power house vocal, nope.  I agree with Pauler, it would have been neat if the band came in later...Simon disagrees with both of us.  And he really liked it.  You know, I find it funny that they let Simon go last...it's like we don't even care what Randy and Pauler say.  We just want Pauler to shut it and get on to Simey.

Wow, we are down to Syeshia now.  I like her.  Wow, they ran outta time and told the judges to make it quick and bust it outta there.  Good, good, and good.  That girl got ripped off.  If she goes home, I'd sue them for unfair bias.  Or something.  ha ha.

You know, these people have the stupidest most embarrassing moments.  Like I have dozens that are more devastating than theirs.  Like the time I fell off my platform shoes in 1th grade outside the Drama Lab and I was so devastated that I pretended I fainted, and they ran and got the school nurse.  Tell me I didn't know how to act.  I was a born Drama Queen.  

Ok, who's off tonite?  Kristy Lee Cook and Kady Malloy.  Well, tomorrow night we get to see Blake Lewis.  Who?  Yeah, um, he was runner up to Jordin last year.  

bye now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its Kady and Asia or Syesia. I think Kristy deserves to go but her looks will keep her going.

NJ Fan

windycitynut said...

It's Kady and Asia'H. What is up with Simon? Irritated as all get out. "Ryan, I made my point, get it. " That was like my 90 yr old grampa that was waiting to die. Just leave me alone, I'm too tired and bored to explain shit.
Jeffro