Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Thursday, March 8, 2007

The Final Twelve Finalist Revealed TONITE!!!

Well, I'm sort of excited tonite, but it's only because Carrie Underwood is singing her 5th top hit "Wasted". Whoo Hoo!

This final twelve is going to have to step it up over the next several weeks if they ever expect me to part with $9.99 for their cd. Not to mention sucking up precious space on my ipod. It's getting close to full and I'm getting really picky with my downloads.

So, here's Ryan to start the show and he is dressed like a pallbearer tonite. There's a big announcement tonite, he says. I am going to take a big guess and say it won't be that cool to us. I think they are making muchado about something that will feel like a "kinda cool thing...". Like, the finalist get to spend the night at Graceland or something.

Here we go with the head lopping. Lakisha and Blake are pulled out first. Top runner boy and girl. One of you will work with Diana Ross and one is in Top 12. So, no shocker, they are both in. Diana Ross next week. That should be fun. Ryan wammies Chris Sligh with an "after the break" heartstopper. And he's in. Another no shocker. Jordin, ok how are they going to make this mysterious? Oh, good, they just slide her in like butter. This is good, they are getting through the bullshit quickly. Phil Stacey is up...now this one is a coin toss for me. I want him to stay because I want 2 or 3 others to go first. Yeah!!! He's in. He cried. OH, for the love of Mikela...with Jared leaving it means we are stuck with Sanjaya or Sundance. I hate this sometimes. But, out this round or next, whatever. And now the ever-painful "I've been kicked in the gut, now I must pretend I am emotionless and sing" exit performance...why oh why do they do this shit?

Phone quiz.. fingers on the buzzers Idol-Izers...here's the question...who has the #1 album this week...Ace Young, Kevin "chicken little" Covais, or Chris Daughtry. Duh. Come on. The question should have been "One of these American Idols HAS an album." Forget the #1 part. I hate when they act like we are stupid. Jeez. Here's next week's question so you guys can do a little research. "One of these American Idol judges is a black man that once sang with Journey. Randy, Paula or Simon".

CARRIE CARRIE CARRIE CARRIE UNDERWOOD ...I LOVE HER. ISN'T SHE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL??? I just love that little Okie girl making it big. 5 CARRIES and a bonus "go girl" for her awesomeness in makeup, lip gloss, wardrobe, and overall stellarness.

Chris and Melinda are in. No surprise. Three places left. Antonella is gone. Stephanie stays, of course. I am actually sad to see Boobies go. I not sure what I will miss the most...typing Boobies or her bad singing and laughing my ass off. Well, I don't care who it is, it's sad to see anyone's dreams dashed. But, as Joan Cusack said to Melanie Griffith in Working Girl, and I quote, "Just 'cuz you dance around and sing in your underwear, don't make you Madonna." And, so it goes Boobies Barbarella, back to dancing on the bars in your college town.

Uh oh, the Drag Queen is going to bust a gut. Haley is stoic. Drag queen is out. Pawler is jaw dropped. My husband is crying, he is laughing so hard at listening to Ryan say "Tonite is definitely the most intense we've had". Well, I can't say I thought we needed a Drag Queen in our Top 12, although she is a pretty one. And listen, who are we kidding...all these chicks are going home eventually, except LaKisha. So, the sooner they get on with it, the better. And here's an idea...maybe Dawg will put her on Travis Tritt's album.

Ok, I'm going straight to hell for making fun of Idol with my crazy comments about sleeping at Graceland. They are giving back. Well, they must have watched Oprah's special last week. So, kudos to these people and Fox and all the sponsors. It's nice. Quincy Jones is writing a song. Borat is making an appearance. Gwen Stefani (I smell a catfight with Paula. I guarantee, Paula will wear some leapard skin gitup trying to look him with Gwen in the house), Michael Buble, Bono, wow...sounds good to me.

Sundance or Sanjaya. I say Sundance is out. And there is going to be some crying. And "Sanjaya the Shits" is going to the Top 12, only to be voted off next week. See I told you...Sanjaya is in. And the crowd sounds quiet and confused....oh, I should clap now? Pawler is pissed. Simon is pissed. OK, so maybe Randy will put him on the Travis Tritt album too, with the Drag Queen.

Sundance sings again. And now Eddie Vedder reaches for his tv remote and whips it at his new plasma screen tv, 'cuz you know, he broke his last one Monday night when Sundance sang his song the first time. Poor Pearl Jam. They used to not let their songs be sung on this show, and now we all know why. Ok, where's my Chris music. OH yeah@!! Here it is.

Well, here's our Top 12 and I'm underwhelmed, as I started this out night whining. Tuesday is Diana Ross night, 2 hrs, and those boys do not stand a snowball's chance in hell of channeling that DIVA. Can't wait to see the Beat Boxer try his chops on Love Child, or Stop in the Name of Love. I hope they work it out Dawg. I really do. I want to see a competition.

Nighty Night Idol-Ites.

3 comments:

Lu said...

Cole--This top 12 is so bland. I hope it gets better as the season goes on, because at the moment I am not super impressed. And granted that charity thing is all fine and good, but its going to be so annoying all year for them to talk about "all the good things they are doing." How very Oprah. Snore.

Unknown said...

I'm done with Idol I think. It's TB. Totally boring. Tell me how it ends, I will still be in the pool though, since I'm tied for the lead. :)

Cole Bronn said...

Oh, little ADHD Amy. You can't give up. It's going to be good. You have to hang in there until atleast Sanjaya gets booted. And there are going to be some good guests I bet, although Diana Ross doesn't really excite me. Come on! Only you and Lu ever leave me comments. I need you!!!