Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Friday, March 2, 2007

American Idol - The Video game on PS2 ROCKS

Well, it's happened. I'm hooked. I played the American Idol video game at work tonite, and it was the most hysterical thing ever. Those of you that don't know me, well, I'm fortunate to work at a video game publisher and we actually play video games at work. It's still as stressful as if I worked on the floor of the NYSE. Anyway, today I became a rockstar. I came went over to where they were playing Guitar Hero and American Idol. So, they put the game in and begged me to play. Well, I've never even gone to a karaoke bar, and they are shoving this microphone in my face. So, I muster up some courage and think about it. Then I saw it...Kelly Clarkson's BREAKAWAY...and I knew it was my moment. So, I looked at Matt and said fire it up.

Now this is pretty sophisticated. You sing into a microphone and you have to hit the notes, and how well you are doing shows up on a meter. And you get points for getting words right, tone right, etc. And the crowd rates you too. Anyway, after you sing, the judges come up...and its Randy, Simon, and some make believe Paula. I guess she was not too keen to be in a game...big mistake, this thing is popular. Anyway, the Randy and Simon are DEAD ON and speak in their actual voices. So, I finish up Kelly and holy moly, they give me a golden ticket to Hollywood!!! Whoo Hoo!!!

So, now it's Matt's turn. He doesn't make it to Hollywood...song failed. Boo. So, it's back to me again. So, I figure, well, I don't suck as bad as everyone else...so I'll try again. And then I see Nickelback Photograph. I sing that song so loud in my car, I nearly shatter the windshield. So, I let it rock. And Randy and Paula give me big props. It's so funny I nearly pee. Then Simon creams me. Says it was the worst performance of the night. Then out of no where he says "I hope I don't regret this, but I'm putting you through to the next round!" Yes, people, I made it through Hollywood week. I'm into the semi-finals.

Unfortunately, I had to go back to work on a logo design...I'm borrowing the neighbor kids Ps2 this weekend and buying that game and practicing all weekend. I'm going to win that game.

More later...

5 comments:

krs24rbn said...

Welcome to the club, I told you it was a fun game. You should play the previous 5 Karaoke Revolutions as well.

Lu said...

so incredible. It's such a fun game! I am so glad you are now hooked too. The other ones are totally fun, but don't have the simon, randy, "paula" comments. But you can sing Britney?! Hi, that's better than shaving your head any day.

Cole Bronn said...

Have either of you ever seen someone win the game...be crowned the American Idol?

Unknown said...

Let's rock out this week, Coley. I want to have a Battle of the Singers with you. Another March Madness bracket is born?

Cole Bronn said...

You're on Amy!!!