Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Week 2: The Girly Girls are Back

Right off the bat, in the intros, that Lesley Hunt bugs me. That Haley girl looks like a contender. She seems polished. And I'll give Barbarella's stylist props for her cute retro dress. I like it
Gina Glocksen: A Heart song. Good one, and she's doing a nice job. Looks great too. She's good but a little pitchy. She's no Kelly C that's for sure, but she might get there. 3.5 Carries Pauler had a cowlick installed in her hairdo this evening. Simon is confused as to who she is. Whatever. Good stinger from Pauler about taking fashion advice from Simon. Nice tattoo...we are going to call her Tats

Pauler has been to "How to be a Judge and Not Look like Drunk" school. She's doing well the last week or so. Oh Hell Seacrest...don't point to Lakisha showing off some leg. She has chunky legs, let's not pretend she's got dancer legs. It doesn't matter if she doesn't, but let's not pretend she is super model thin either. Don't call her out either way, but if I'm being totally frank, wearing an orange tent for a top is not flattering. But it doesn't matter...this is not America's Top Model.

CryBaby Alaina is up next. Ooh, first note and this chick is WAY out of her league. Dixie Chicks? this song is a power house voice song. She will sound terrible. Every note sounds sharp. Oh this is not working for me, not on any level. 1 Mikela
R-did not start off good Randy, were you asleep? Ok, now he comes to his sense...it was a mess and all over the place. There is reason why I voted this girl off last week. Simon: Randy in a sprint race..this girl ran out of steam. 1 Mikela again...and that's generous. She really should get Dos Mikelas.

LaKisha, who is nicknamed JenJr. is up next on a midnight train to GA. She looks great. Love her hair. Pauler is groovin' to the tune. Of course, Lakisha brings it. She ain't named JenJr. for nothing. 4.5 Carries Simon wants this chick to come out and be a star in week 2. Come on Simon. Let her come into it. She ain't singing for the trophy tonite, for heaven't sake. Let her build up to it. Shut up Simon you stupid grey goose.

Melinda Doolittle better DoAlot tonite. She better listen to the feedback on JenJr. and bring it. We need to see some P-e-r-son - a lity. My funny Valentine...one of my favorite songs of all time. Lounge act...I guarantee Simon will say soemthing about a smokey bar lounge singer. Damn these people need to figure out this is a pop music competition.. or atleast music relevant to the contestant age range. Like last nights Jamariquia? can't even spell it because it's so hip. Ok, back to DooLittle. don't care. 3 Carries Randy said it was hot. Ok, maybe I am wrong on that one. Still didn't like it. Simon: Oh, Simon loved it. Ok, so I missed on that one. I think she could do a better song, that's all.

Boobies Antonella is up: Dedicating to brother. Sweet. They will bust her for pulling Celine out. But if I'm being totally honest, she's giving a somewhat decent performance. She's actually doing a nice job at the end. 3.5 Carries. Ha Ha..I called it. NEVER sing Celine Dion dummies. Never. Simon slammed her. Wow, I would curl up in a ball if I was her. Yow-zah

Jordin: pitchy better pull it out. choppy, bad arrangement. Not really working out...some nice notes...but rough. 4 Carries
Randy gave her props for ability/age ratio She'll keep getting better each week. Pauler's mom gene comes out and gives her a nice little pep talk. Simon: I feel a stinger coming. Oh, he's being nice. Nice Simon.

Stephanie Edwards: Nice song. I thought she looked the most like a professional performer...looking stellar and really nice vocals. 4 Carries. Beyonce and Halle Berry. She is so pretty and polished.

Leslie Hunt: red bugs me. I can't put a finger on it, But I am going to put that aside and listen with my ears not my eyes. Hey where's the stripper pole? This girl is going to start flinging clothes any minute it seems. I think she is doing modern day yodelin and skat'n I don't like it. 1 mikela I hated it, Judges: whatever. No comments discernable as relevant ....oh, Simon is coming back around and he's right...this was not memorable. Shut it Pauler with the ice cream story,

Haley: I really like her. She's engaged to Bobby. Hey Haley, this isn't therapy, this is your dedication. Ok, someone is rocking it...not all that well, but it's ok. She's got Beyonce' moves down. I really hear the background band more than her though. She isn't loud enough, to me. If that song would have been a hit, she would have been alot better. She was a good performer. 3.5 Carries judges: Well they got the background thing like I did.

Sabrina Sloan: She does a really nice job. I think she has a solid voice and is unique in a way. Again, picking Whitney or Celine is trouble. They will nail her for Whitney, just like they did the last chick. 4 Carries Judges: wah, wah, wah. I get tired of them by the end of the night. They haven't found their groove yet for me.

Oh, why oh why do we have to hear CryBaby sing Dixie Chicks in recap. Oh, that was doubly painful. That girl is out.
So, tonite, it was JenJr. Stephanie, Jordin and Melinda DoAlot. I'm telling you if you didn't put all the sisters in your final 6 you messed up. Those power voices are going to the finals.

Leslie and Alaina are going home tomorrow night. They better drink up on Foxes dime tonite. And steal all the hotel shampoos and the complimentary robe, because it's bag packing time and back to the salt mines from which they came.

2 comments:

Lu said...

Cole, I need to voice a complaint. How is it possible that you gave BJ Barba 3.5 Carries and Melinda 3? I don't know, but this might damage our friendship....Melinda was robbed. And that leslie chick has bugged me since hollywood. She's just sort of out of place. Hopefully she's gone since I had her out last week.

Cole Bronn said...

Well Lu, I believe that was a typo. You're right Do Alot deserves more than Boobs. I have to be dareful with the Carries though. Otherwise everyone seems the same.

I stand corrected. Please for the love of friendship don't ditch me.