Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Taking on USA TODAY's Fact Checkers

Boy, did I get fired up today. The "people magazine of newsprint" decided to pick on the Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban marriage today...with lies. See below:

Why wasn't Keith Urban with Nicole Kidman?

Urban and Kidman were photographed together around town and attended agent Brian Lourd's pre-Oscar bash. But the freshly rehabbed country crooner wasn't seen prominently at Sunday's big event, where his wife was a red-carpet highlight and presenter. He was there, keeping a low profile, a rep says. While Kidman was wowing camera crews out front, Urban sneaked in the back door and watched the show from a backstage suite.


It isn't true. I saw 2 camera pans of him seated next to her in the audience. She was on the aisle and he was to her left. And she also sported her rarely seen honking huge diamond as she opened the envelope. She didn't even wear that ring when she interviewed Russell Crowe on Oprah's "I'm taking over your job Barbara" Oscar special. She wore a simply band of diamonds.

I promptly wrote USA Today an email and scorned them for poor fact checking. Let's see if they get back to me. I'm not sure those writer's even watched the Oscars. I told them to leave the nasty lies to the rags, don't try to be hip and gossipy and be a respectful newspaper. I guess you just can't always believe what you read.

Unless I write it, of course.

No comments: