Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Finally Saw DreamGirls today...


I am so veclempt ... I cried so much in that movie, because Jennifer Hudson was absolutely astonishing. I felt like I have truly watched someone become a star before my very eyes. I know I idolize celebrities more than I should, but I don't care. If I don't 10 million others will, so why not me too. So, I leave that theatre with my buddy Lisa, and we both cried our eyes out. The crowd in the theatre broke out into applause 2 times during the film. And remember this flick has been in release since 12/25 2006. Christmas Day people. And there were only 2 empty seats in the theatre at the 3:40 pm matinee. Amazing. Beyonce' was good, but she is no Jennifer for sure. But she is probably the most beautiful woman in the film. Jamie Foxx is red hot.

So, I leave my Jennifer experience, drop off my friend, and head down the highway home. And the first billboard I see is for a new country radio station in Sacramento...and Carrie Underwood is staring at me as big as life. I was so happy. Quickly I dial it in and I shit-you-not, Carrie is belting out "Wasted". Unbelievable. I thought, what is this channel...Carrie 100.3. Needless to say, that station gets 5 CARRIES. About 5 songs later, it's Kellie Pickler's "Red High Heels" song. Then, I lost the feed, getting near Vacaville, switched to other stations in the nick of time to hear Chris Daughtrey. It's just amazing and sort of weird at how over the years, this American Idol show really is producing stars. Against all odds. I remember Sara and Vinnie on Alice 97.3 making fun of the show every morning. (side bar, I do not listen to Sara and No Name and completely denounce that station of shit in the am drive time. I hate everyone on there, except when they have Scott Kapouro, the gay comedienne guy, who is hysterical...think Ugly Betty's gay male asst Mark.) Anyway, they were saying that you didn't want to win AI but the exposure was good...and they were so right...after the first few seasons, those people really don't care if they get the crown, because they can make it work without AI.

So, I had a big Idol day. I can't wait until the Oscars tomorrow. Big prayers for you Jennifer Hudson! Give a great acceptance speech. You rock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alice is an amazing station and they put out amazing albums. Check out the new place where fans of the station come together:

www.generationalice.net