Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm Still Alive...

Carpool dude is cool as hell.  It's going really well.  We are great travelers together.  So all you doubters...it's going to be fine.

Has anyone been to see Sex And the City besides me?  Come on people???  I'd love to know what you think.  

Well, I survived annual review day today.  I didn't get fired, got a raise, which covers 1/2 the cost of the gas increase, so I'm feeling pretty spiffy.  I splurged and bought us Panda Express for dinner tonite...and I got the 3 entree deal for an extra 1.25.  Big time people.  Big Time.  I told Greg we are poor now, with the price of gas, and he better get used to meatless meals.  Last night we had what I called "Supper for Toddlers".  I slapped 2 cookie sheets full of french fries and chicken nuggets.  I shit you not.  Now, the fries were red potato olive oil rosemary dusted yumminess, but still frozen from Trader Joe's.  The nuggets...should I tell you?  Well...they were purchased in a weak, weak moment at Wal-Mart.  They just looked so damn good.  The crust was like 2 inches thick and the white tenderloin chicken was just decadent.  And I whipped up a Dijon Honey Mustard sauce for dipping.  And of course, to ease the guilt, I steamed some broccoli and drown it in Sharp Cheddar Cheese and "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" pump spray stuff.  Yes, it was a 4 star white trash dining experience at ColeyB's Cafe.

Tomorrow we are having Asparagas Risotto.  We'll see how that rolls with the big hubby.  Someone will be in the drive thru at Jack In The Box for the 2 tacos for buck before the weekend is over, I promise.

Happy Friday.    


2 comments:

tinkfromcalif said...

We call them "Mystery Meat Tacos" at Jack in the Box....Love em but don't EVER want to know what is inside them!!!
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

My friend from Cali (now a Jersey girl) has to stop at a Jack in the Box for a taco straight from the airport, when she home visiting. We do not have any here, just Taco Bells. I hear they can't even compare. Glad to hear you are safe. It cost me 80 bucks to fill up my Honda Pilot yesterday so I can understand why you are carpooling. My hubby use to drive but now he's back on the train for his commute to Manhattan.

NJ Fan