Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Blog Guide for Upcoming TV Viewing

I've gotten alot of emails and questions about what I am watching on tv since the loss of idol. People? Don't you read my blog? I've been in the hospital, dealing with drunk motorcycle victims, and trying not to be killed by my new carpool partner. My plate has been full. And work...don't get me started. Friday night I had to come home and take a Xanax. And yesterday, I said, you know, this saving money is for the birds. I need a day of beauty. So, I got my eyebrows waxed, and then my fingernails polished and my feet soaked, sanded and shined. I was climbing in bed last night, has some new fancy sox on (pink with brown pokey-dots, so cute...I digress) and my foot slipped and rammed right into my husband's thigh. He said, "Damn baby, what's going on?" I said, "I lost my grip with my new sanded feet...no rough skin to grip these 6000 thread count sheets." He said, "Well, you better get some horseshoes on those hooves..." Ok, it was probably funnier in bed at the time, but whatever.

Ok, so back to TV. Well, of course, if you are not watching Top Chef, it's too late. For those of you who are, here's my take on this season...a little bit like American Idol. Alot of pretty good people, but I miss the true honest assholes. The people that are so arrogant they think they can fry rat butt and serve it up as a delicacy. So, we are down to the final three. Stephanie, the girl next door who can't cook a bad meal if she tried really hard, and she has. Richard, who has a mohawk, at times, but is the most mild mannered accountant type you'll ever meet, can also cook as well. More arrogant that Stephanie. And Lisa, the chip on her shoulder Lesbo, who's body language is text book, I hate you don't give me bad feedback, arms crossed bitchy bitch. So, unlike Idol, there is one person you hate. She's a bitch and Antonia, that got booted instead, should have not gotten booted. Which is why I think this show is rigged. They wanted evil vs. nice. Antonia is the single mom...and it would have been 3 nice people, who cares who wins. So now we root against the evil Lisa, instead of for someone else. All in all, I really like that show though. When someone leaves food out overnight, or gets their pot pulled off the burner by "accident", that's some good drama. Atleast for a foodie like me.

Design Star is up next. I hate the Brit host of that show though. I'm probably going to TIVO and watch when bored.

Nashville Star: Now people, if you love Idol, how could you not watch this? Billy Ray Cyrus is host, and he's just so stupid it's funny. I will watch just to watch him mess up each week. And the artists are GOOD. If you like Carrie Underwood, then how can you not watch this? I will be reviewing this each week...and it starts tomorrow night..Monday, June 9th.

Hey, I am just 7 hours away from seeing Kenny Chesney! I am meeting Sara Suki at PacBell Park (where the Giants play baseball for those not local) and we are seeing Brooks & Dunn, Leann Rimes (not that I care...I hate her after her dissing of Carrie) some other people, and then Kenny. Whoo Hoo. It starts at 4. I will arrive hopefully just after Leann Rimes gets booed off the stage. Evil, aren't I? Admit it...it's why you read this shit.

So, what else...well, really, nothing. I don't really look forward to much on tv. I am going to rent alot of shitty movies that weren't worth the theatre trip. Like Steve Carrell's "Dan in Real Life". I rented "27 Dresses" last night. Very cute, but very predictable. Chick Lite for sure, but my 'acts gay but isn't' husband thought it was good. I tricked him last night. We had TIVO wars again. Who doesn't, but I scrolled through all of his tv shows that are saved and he has 27 shows on 'save until I delete', which means nothing else will save. (we have 80 hr hardrive, so I don't knwo what's up) In any case, I will run this by uber-brain (i'll explain in next paragraph). So, in the TIVO war of words, I said, "Fine, if you say, I don't give you time to watch your car shows alone, I will go in the bedroom and watch "27 DRESSES" by myself, since you don't want to see it, and you stay out here and watch "Pimp my Garage". Or "Overhaulin'" or "Pinks". Need I go on? His response, "No, I want to watch the movie." Ding Ding Ding...and on the sofa, we have a winner...Wife gets to watch movie, Husband folds like a cheap lawn chair. Tivo Wars are really my specialty. And little known fact, I'll confess. I delete his car shows mysteriously, every so often. He never knows. He never questions why there are only 3 episodes in the month of March, but 4 in April that are saved. Poor thing. He really doesn't stand a chance, does he?

Well, the carpool guy I ride with is a genius. I am not, in that I spelled genius with an 'o' first. genious? Doesn't look right does it, but seemed right? Ok, so we can all stop worrying that he is going to chop me up. In fact I told him the story of how I should not trust him, according to my blog community. He laughed. In any case, he knows about everything...how to order parts to fix Tivo, cell phones, tvs, etc. We had a 1/2 hour discussion on barbeque gas grills Friday. He's magnificent. My personal "Consumer Reports" resource. I will start sharing his bits of wisdom in a weekly post titled "Carpooler Reports". ha. I crack myself up.

Well, I need to go get my outfit together for my evening with Kenny Chesney. Get my digital camera charged with plenty of memory chips. Can't wait to post pics to you all tomorrow.

Hope your weekend is going stellar, and if you're reading this on Monday...I'm sorry, the weekend is over once again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What did you think of the concert? I was there and thought it was great!