Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Season 8 - Inaugural Night is Over...what'd you think?

My initial reaction was...well, it was ok.  It was a lot of same old, same old.  Not so many changes as I was hoping, but I know those are to come.  I did see them giving us some back story, early on with regards to some of the better contestants, and you know they go further than Hollyweird week, I would guess.  Time will tell.

Now let's talk about Bikini Girl.  WTF?  Why?  I'm not sure who I am more irritated with...the ho bag that objectified herself and set the woman's rights movement back 20 years, or the googly -eyed dummy cat men that lowered themselves to acting like she had talent.  Honestly, there should be a dress code, so that girls cannot make fools of themselves like that.  Save the ho-bag from herself.  What an attitude that little tart had.   To be fair, I did not think that obese Black woman wearing the yellow spandex and chicken feathers was appropriate either.  Both of those people should be forced to watch those videos when they are grandmas, in front of their grandkids, and hope their kids learn from their ho-ish behavior.

HOWEVER...

That whole thing was pretty funny, because if you listened carefully, Kara told her "see you in Hollywood week.  Can't wait.  Why don't you come naked this time? "  OMG, she is so funny...and talk about some pipes...that Kara can sing.  Sadly, I do think that bikini ditz can sing too.  I'm going to end this rant with one thought for you, bikini chick...  Remember the movie "There's Something About Mary"?  Remember Cameron Diaz's neighbor, the obsessive tanner? Take note...you're going to look like her one day, if you lay around that Arizona desert like a lizard on a hot rock.   This concludes my public service announcement for the Melanoma Society.  

One last note, Ryan Seacrest was so not giving that girl a kiss.  It was awkward.  Didn't do a lot for the "I'm not gay" message either.  He was trying to be a gentleman, but he couldn't have dissed her...like Brody Jenner would...with a velvet glove.

Anyhoo...I do think that Kara is going to be great for the show.  I like the banter, and I like Randy, as always.  I think, despite what we may have thought, she and Pauler are going to be good team members.  Atleast Kara will keep her awake.  HA.

There were some good peeps in the batch tonite.  The opening sequence of videos from seasons past was really fun.  Wasn't it nice to see Elliott Yamin's mom in the parade car with her son, shaking her head in amazement.  Bless her heart, she's sleeping with the angels now.  I heard Elliott's song on the radio just yesterday. 

I like the way the judges talked alot about past winners tonite, and put Daughtrey in there.  I loved the little girls crushed that Archuleta lost.  That was priceless.  I forgot that we always get to see last year's winner on the the show alot.  

Here's my wishes for this season:

  • We get to see Kelly Clarkson perform, or atleast mentor.  I'd love to see her and Kara in the studio, showing how the work together and showing the finalist how a song is written and worked over in the studio.
  • I'd love to see Ryan Seacrest have a major flub.  Like his fly unzipped or a piece of spinach in his teeth.  You know he got dissed by Brangelina at the GGlobes.  O yea, it wasn't pretty.
  • I'd like to see David C/A sing their Heroes duet from the finale last year.  I still have that video on my Ipod. 
  • I'd like to see a contestant vomit.  Wouldn't that be funny?  I almost got my wish tonite, didn't I?
  • I want to see 2 contestants hook up.  Like 2 in the top 36.  And they get busted hooking up all the time and eventually kicked off the show.  Drama.  Ha!
So, more later.  

ColeyB


4 comments:

Jeffro said...

My wife said she was absolutely done watching Idol, I'm on my own this year. So after she watched the WHOLE show with me last night, she's back in. It's like crystal meth. We love Kara, gives the judges more cred. Love her little comments. The dude that almost passed out, eating the banana on the floor, how would u explain his singing stlye/face expressions. We ultimately decided it was orgasmic constipation. Creepy.

tinkfromcalif said...

I was pretty happy with the show. I have to say I love the new judge. She is pretty funny and says it like it is.
I can't believe they sent bikini girl thru to Hollywood. Her voice was OK but not worth being put thru. Plus you DONT argue with a judge. Cracked me up Kara called her a bitch!
Jeffro...it is like crystal meth...lmao...my 18 year old, way too cool for his own good, son walked thru the living room after telling me he wasn't watching AI this year and said "you did tivo it, right? Make sure you don't delete so I can watch later". It is like a magnet.

Anonymous said...

Seacrest already had his cringe-worthy moment . . . he tried to high-five the visually impaired guy. Doh!

Seester

Anonymous said...

i was glad I had High Definition during the bikini girl segment. I honestly don't think she'll go very far though because her voice wasn't that great.