Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cougars Rule

And according to the Nielsen ratings, the winning contestant will be chosen by the Cougar vote. Interestingly, the largest number of viewers is between age 25-54. I'll take that Cougar Category for 500 Alex. I think someone over at E! needs to get the definition of Cougar.

Cou-gar (Kooo- grrrrr): Defined as a Woman who's biological calendar age has turned 40+, but mindset is that of a 21 year old. Trendy, hip, into pop culture, and has the money to do something with this spectacular view on life.

High Priestess of Cougardom is Demi Moore
Cougar Lifetime Achievement Award: Goldie Hawn
President of Future Cougars of Tomorrow: Reese Witherspoon
Community Organizer of Wannabe and Nevergonnabe Cougars: Sharon Stone

Characteristics of Cougars: Sing it loud and proud and don't care if their likes/dislikes are inconsistent with the 'normal' likes and dislikes of what is deemed 'normal' for a 40+ woman. Cougars don't shout '40 is the new 30' because 30 is too boring. Cougars do make fun of all age groups. And themselves. Cougars laugh at everything, because they haven't forgotten how. The Cougar cannot be bothered with society definitions of normal.

And so, in summary, I will, pledge to thee, that I will, once again, pick the winner of American Idol, way before America does. I will remind you that my only 'miss' was the year of Daughtrey, and indisputably, I was correct in that selection since no one can even remember who won that year.

I'd also like to bury this thought in this post. I do not like Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You" song. I've cried myself to sleep over this, since hearing it. Sadness overwhelms even the Cougar in me.

:(

2 comments:

Jeffro said...

Are you telling us that you are a cougar?? Do we call you coley cougar or cougar cole? If we look in the dictionary under cougar will we find a picture of you. Sorry, but you all on the west coast are a little out there.

Jeffro hawk

Cole Bronn said...

Let's just say I'm closer to getting my AARP card than picking out a Prom Dress.