Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Monday, January 12, 2009

New American Idol Schedule...and the new rules

This is it people!  The BIG SHOW is set to role, once again...ringing in the new year in all it's glory.  I'm super-psyched about the entire thing because I think the changes they have made are awesome.  A quick recap below and then you can read all the details below that in an direct capture of the American Idol website promotion.

Coley is excited about:
  • The New 4th Judge, Kara.  Now if you didn't know that by now, you are not a true American Idol officienado, and as such, are not worthy of reading this blog...ok, you can read, but don't tell anyone how lame you are
  • Extra shows on the schedule.  One might think "overkill" but really, you are going to see more people's stories, not more story of the same people.  In other words, some of the people we get sick of quickly...so with more backstories to cover, more freaks to reveal.
  • More people go to Hollywood week, and more people make it to American's vote.  So, Randy, Simon and Pauler and now Kara, let's not forget, get us to 36, and there is a wild card week, where 12 previous cast-offs compete for the final 3 spots, which will be selected NOT by AMERICA, but by the Fab 4.  
  • Seacrest will continue to deny his sexual status, and I predict flirting with Kara.  (she has a boyfriend though)
  • Kelly Clarkson, I predict, will come on a hawk her new album.  I'd sell my soul to the machine if it meant more record sales.  Hell's yea I would.  I don't care.
  • And now for some personal news:  I will not be blogging in real time this year.  I find I just don't get to really watch the people because I am watching my fingers.  And my husband has threatened to kill our TIVO if I make him pause this season.  I guess I should be happy that I have such an awesome husband that totally loves Idol as much as me, so I have to comply to his request on this.  However, I will be blogging as much as ever.  
  • New rating system:  When the time comes, we will be awarding COOKIES to stellar performers.  If you suck, you get a cowpie.  People performing in-between stellar and suckdom...I will make that up on the fly, per usual ColeyB inspiration...inspired by the performance.
  • I vow to have more video clips to link to, since I have learned this technique.  I also know how to make videos myself and post to YouTube, so let's hope I come up with some good stuff off the freaks on the Information Superslab.  
  • I will try not to let my uber-excitement about Kelly Clarkson's new cd, cloud my AI enthusiasm.  Ok, that's a lie.  I'm like a kid on crack right now...could not be more excited about the Idol Tsunami hitting us right now.  Kara was on with Matt Lauer this am.  It's Idol fever already.
Ok, so here's the official word from AI webbies.  


American Idol is set to return with a two-night, four-hour premiere event featuring extraordinary talent and outrageous new auditions Tuesday, January 13 and Wednesday, January 14 at 8/7c on FOX. The eighth season kicks off with three weeks of audition episodes, featuring tryouts held in
East Rutherford, NJ, Jacksonville, FL, Kansas City, MO, Louisville, KY, Phoenix, AZ, Salt Lake City, UT, San Francisco, CA and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

After the two-night premiere, auditions will continue for two weeks on Tuesday, January 20 (8/7c) and Wednesday, January 21 (8/7c); and Tuesday January 27 (8/7c) and Wednesday, January 28 (8/7c). The final audition episode will air Thursday, January 29 (8/7c) on FOX. The lucky auditioners who get the judges' approval then move on to the "Hollywood Round" where contestants vie for a semifinalist position during the grueling next phase of the auditions. Extended for one week, the "Hollywood Round" episodes air Tuesday, February 3 (8/7c), Wednesday, February 4 (8/7c) and Tuesday, February 10 (8/7c). On Wednesday, February 11 (8/7c), dreams come true for three dozen hopefuls, as Simon, Randy, Paula and Kara announce the Top 36 semifinalists. It will then be up to America to decide who moves forward in the competition. For three consecutive Tuesdays including: February 17 (8/7c), February 24 (8/7c) and March 3 (8/7c), 12 different semifinalists will perform each night in the hopes of moving on to the Top 12. Each week during the LIVE results shows airing Wednesdays: February 18 (8/7c), February 25 (8/7c) and March 4 (8/7c), the three finalists with the highest number of America's votes -- one male, one female and the next top vote getter -- will secure coveted spots in the Top 12. 

On Thursday, March 5 (8/7c), American Idol presents a special "Wild Card" episode featuring the judges' favorite remaining contestants. After each of the contestants performs, the judges will select the three final contestants who will round out the Top 12. 
The competition heats up as those Top 12 finalists take the stage for the first time together Tuesday, March 10 (8/7c). Immediately following, America has another chance to share its voice and vote for their favorite finalists.

SO THAT"S IT PEEPS.  Hope you stay with us the entire season!  It promises to be a good one.

xoxo,

ColeyB

1 comment:

tinkfromcalif said...

I am soooooooooooo excited. Finally something to be excited about after the pending divorce, moving 2 days after Christmas, painting all day Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, living in total disarray and then getting rear ended yesterday on the way home from work.
I am not sure how I will like the dynamics of the new judge but who knows it may be good.