Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Must C TV - ColeyB's Guide to the New Fall Television Season

Today is the equivalent of the Oscars for me. It's Primetime Emmy Awards Sunday. The day the real celebrities come out to play, in my opinion. So what if it's the small screen...it's the only screen that comes to my living room each week and spits out stuff that makes me laugh and helps me forget I just put 67.00 of gas in my car. No big screen celebrity does that each week. They barely work for me...2 hours max at 10.00 a pop. TV is practically free when you divide the minutes of viewing by my DirecTv bill. Hell, as much as I watch, I'm surprised they don't pay me. In any case, people...my point is that tv celebrities work MUCH harder at entertaining you, and you cannot dispute they bring you more entertainment...period...than those overpaid egos that make 2-3 movies a year. Ben Stiller and Will Ferrell DO NOT count in this rant. They paid their dues on the small screen. I admit...those movie celebs are all good and everything, but I ask you? Who would you rather be with right now on a deserted island? DiCaprio, Depp, Crowe, Cruise....or Jon Hamm? Umm...I'll give it to anyone that said Depp because he is rock solid hot, but Jon Hamm...he's fresh. Even my husband likes him...because he's cool. Whatever, look at that body and those eyes and that smile and that humble shy personality. OMG, he's the whole package, plus bonus wrapping.

Alright, so this blog post is about tv shows busting out the new season this week. I purchased the PREVIEW OF NEW SEASON Tv Guide, just so I could give you guys a thorough view of it all. Now listen, if I don't like the show, I'm not talking about it. So all you LOST, Law and Order, CSI freaks...I don't watch it. If people aren't sleeping together, or making me laugh, or both, I don't watch it...or it's reality, and of course, I watch that...but not all of it.

So without further ado, let me just walk you through my TIVO Season Pass Manager and you will know what I have selected as my MUST C TV this year.

MONDAY (A very full night, so no one better phone me, unless they like my voicemail message)  
New Show:  Worst Week Sam, main dude, can't catch a break at trying to impress his fiancee's family.  (Father is "Red" from That 70's Show)  Sam shows up at his fiancee's family's house nearly naked, accidentally urinates into a pot containing a long-marinating goose, then sets a painting on fire.  That's all in first episode.  Yowza.
Gossip Girl  
Two and A Half Men
Samantha Who?
The Hills

TUESDAY
New Show:  The Mentalist - not watching but like Simon Baker.  This is not my type show, but looks good.  Let me know what you think, if you watch.
Fringe- also getting rave reviews...but I already watch 24 and my heart cannot take much more. This is X-Files meets Alias meets Star Trek meets Lost.   Since I watched none of these critically acclaimed shows, why start now?  J.J. Abrams directs.  Should be worth watching, so tell me what you think.

To sum it up, it looks to be laundry night, or watching what I didn't have time to watch from Monday.  No, I will not be watching 90210.  Already, I am right on this one.  No one...including Marilyn at work, who I credit for turning me on to Gossip Girl, likes 90210 and it's already reached "DELETE" status on many Tivo's.  For me, I've already had to delete Privileged.  Now I liked this show at first, but 2 wks in...and I'm bugged.  Anne Archer has collagen implants, you'd never recognize her from Fatal Attraction.   The daughter from Reba is good, but meh...

WEDNESDAY:
New Show:  Stylista:  Reality alert...it might as well be called 'The Devil Wears Prada: Reality Show"...competition to get an editorial assistant position at Elle Magazine...and this bitchy woman is the judge..guidance advisor...herder of the interns.  Could be good replacement to help my Project Runway withdrawals.  
 DIRTY SEXY MONEY  Oh yes baby, it's back.  This is my favorite show in the lineup that I missed due to writer's strike.  I almost love this more than Gossip Girl.  
'Til Death I love Brad Garrett from his Raymond Days and Jolie Fischer is hysterical.  This show never disappoints.  Neighbors are funny too.  

THURSDAY:  Now here's a night when you need 2 TiVOs and a pot of coffee to stay up late to watch it all.
New Show:  KATH & KIM Molly Shannon and Selma Blair  Enough said...I love MShannon.
My Name Is Earl
Ugly Betty
Survivor: Gabon
Grey's Anatomy
The Office
30 Rock

ALSO, SPECIAL ALERT.  Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday will be airing on Oct 9, 16 and 23rd...leading up to the Election.  OMG, so funny.  And then SNL Presidential Bash will air on Election Day eve, Nov. 3.  Jon Stewart and Colbert will also be Prime Time to join forces on Election Night,  Indecision 2008, which will be one hour live.  

FRIDAY:
NEW SHOW:  The Ex List  This has the chick that was Rebecca on Grey's Anatomy that had the nervous breakdown...the lady that had her face rebuilt and freaked out.   In this show, she is told by a psychic that if she doesn't marry within the year, she never will.  

SATURDAY:  They didn't even list it!  Nothing on but SNL. 
SUNDAY:  
New Show on CW:  Easy Money  It's a Dramedy (drama and funny).  Stars Laurie Metcalf (Roseanne) and here's the description:  Times are tough ---even for folks who are in the money.  The odd man out in the close-knit Buffkins family clan, Morgan Buffkin is the sane glue that bonds this nutty bunch.  how nutty? The Buffkins live a double life, hiding their wealth from their neighbors while walking a muddy ethical line with authorities.  They're not criminals, but the legality of their work is well, iffy.  They're kind of the underbelly.  
Entourage
MadMen
The Amazing Race
Desperate Housewives

MID SEASON REPLACEMENTS:  As you know, the tv freaks know that some of the new shows will bomb.  Did you know that there are 50% less new shows this season due to the writer's strike.  What this means is that some shows that sucked last year, would have normally gotten the axe...like Denise Richard's It's Complicated.  Rumor has it, she is cancelled.  I digress.  In looking at mid-season replacements... there's nothing to talk about.  Only Amy Poehler's comedy in development is peaking my interest, and they are being tight-lipped about it.

Cable:  There's a new vampire show on HBO called True Blood.  Looks like a darker Buffy the Vampire Slayer...I didn't watch that...but Anna Paquin (Oscar winner for The Piano) stars.
Whatever, Martha!  Martha's daughter, Alexis, sits with a cohost and mocks footage of her mom from her shows.  They make fun of her.  Huh?  Not sure when it airs, but I will be adding Kathie Griffin: My Life on the D-List, and Keeping Up With the Kardashians.  

Ok, so that's it.  Whoo Hoo!  I've got to make a pot of coffee now...the Emmy's are on in like an hour.

xoxo,

ColeyB


No comments: