Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane y IKE s!

Early disclaimer: I have hurricane watch fatique so please excuse the typos and such. I've been watching Hurricane Yikes coverage for 36 hours straight. I slept for 6 hours last night.

People, my hometown, where little Coley sprouted, took a direct hit to the cahones. It was so unbelievable to see my old stomping ground getting battered to death. I grew up in Texas City, TX, just a little town north of Galveston. Like 3 miles across the water "as the crow flies". By car, since Galveston is an Island...little known fact...it takes about 15 minutes. So, the point I'm trying to make is Ike bowled a STRIKE on Texas City.

All my family smartly evacuated, except one dumb cousin. All are safe and accounted for. So, all the cell phones were jammed, and I sent my dad a text message today. He texted me back...and said "hey, I got my first text message." He didn't know his phone got text messages. he thought he had to own a blackberry. LOL I said "Dad, don't you watch tv and see all those commercials who's parents are mad at their kids for over texting and the bill is too high?" I also had to teach a friend how to put my email address in his blackberry so that it would stop sending my messages into the junk folder. I've just been Professor Cell Phone today.

The saddest loss of the Hurricane was this really cool restaurant over the water in Galveston called the Balinese Room...decorated like Bali...and it has been there for nearly 80 years...and it's gone. Listen to the people who performed there...The Marx Bros., Bob Hope, Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett...the best of the best. It was built and run by gangsters back when gambling and booze was illegal, so they built this really long foyer leading over the water to the restaurant/club. So, when the maitre'd saw the cops raiding the place, he called back to the kitchen, who told the band to start playing a certain song, and all the tables immediately were flipped over, and redressed for serving dinner, before the cops could catch them. Legend has it, they never got shut down or fined. NEVER. Try to Google it. If they have pictures. Very cool. Also, if yoiu watched any coverage, the mayor of Galveston hunkered down in the San Luis hotel, where I went to my High School Senior Prom, and we ate dinner at the Balinese Room before the prom. So sad. Just some little trivia scoop for you.

So, in an effort to make myself feel better, I went out to Macy's and bought my Fall/Winter wardrobe, which will take me until the time to buy a Spring wardrobe to pay off. You know, I have lost my love of shopping. I mean I still like it, but I don't like the effort it takes any more. So, in one fell swoop, I bought 4 sweaters, some shirts, couple pairs of pants, a jacket, and 2 pairs of shoes. Done. I hope everyone likes them because I'm throwing away all the clothes I used to wear. Sick of them. Actually, I donate them to a church family. One day I saw the lady wearing one of my sweaters, and it made me feel really good. You never know what happens to your stuff at Goodwill, but I know the church ladies like my style. Ha ha.

I'm going to try to sell some stuff on Ebay. I keep hearing all these people buying stuff on Ebay, and I've bought stuff, not clothes, but still, I like the idea!

Hey, been meaning to tell you about this show I am watching on YouTube. Let me just put a linky-dinky doo in the old blog for ya', save you some time. The IT Crowd is the name, and below is the first 1/3 of the first episode. You have to go onto YouTube and search The IT Crowd for the rest of them. "IT" by the way stands for the computer geeks in the corporate world who come and fix your computer. What does that stand for? I- Intel T- Tech? Internet Tech? Intellectual Tech? Inferior Social Skills Tech? I don't know. Anyway, if you like British humor, or Office Space, or geeks, this is one for you...hysterical.



Enjoy your weekend. I've got to go nap now.

Oh, I almost forgot. My favorite moment of the entire tv viewing week was on Project Runway when Michael Kors said something in a critique and Heidi Klum said "Ooohhhh, dat's reeeallly baaaaddd.." in like a kitten whisper. It was hilarious. And I find myself saying it all the time. Like I was shopping and saw a hideous blouse, and I went "Oh, dat's reaally baaaddd."
I bet you can Google or catch this week's show on reruns.
xoxo,
Cole

No comments: