Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm Back Bitches!!!

OMG, I have been without my laptop for 5 days. Yes, 5 whole days when the sun rose and the sun set, and I did not log onto a laptop or anything that was 'on the line'. Why you ask? Because I needed to detox. I needed to get away. I needed to see if I was addicted. And the answer is yes. I was in a town 60 miles south of Canada that had 2 Starbucks and one internet cafe' , both of which were 22 miles from the lakehouse I was staying in with my husband's aunt and uncle. We actually stayed in their friends guest house. It was rad. Ok, so here's the deal. I was super happy without the laptop. I drove a John Deere tractor. It was 12 degrees. I nearly got frost bite. It was so beautiful. My "reset what's important in life" weekend mission was successful.

So, I'm so excited to be back to TIVO. I would trade my mac for TIVO, if forced to. Since hitting our house today, I have blown through about 7 programs. Grey's Anatomy nearly killed me. Dammit, The Office was freaking rerun city. And I am 3/4 of the way through PROJECT RUNWAY.

Ok, we have some names and characters evolving. CryBaby Ricky is just crazy. Birdman cracks me up. Dress Pooper Eliza is just insane. She licked a dress for God's sake. Tell me this...why did they all pick that awful mermaid teal color, and match it with pallbearer grey? Now, listen, how does this shit sell at retail for $40.00. Come on?

OK, so the spit fitter got good vibes. I swear, I cannot hardly go look at my closet and feel good about my Eddie Bauer, mixed with Macy's and Target clothing. I guess I am the "everywoman" they are designing for, and I would not be caught dead in anything from this show, in 4 seasons. My greatest piece of winter clothing is my chocolate brown cashmere cardigan from Ralph Lauren, which I got on discount at Nordstrom Rack. $79.00 and I thought I was spending a fortune. And really, it was regularly $149.00. 50% off and I was very concerned. These people on these shows would just slap me upside the head, I swear. So, Marion is out. Ok, so this was a boring episode, even if it did have Sarah Jessica "eat a sandwich already" Parker on it. She also needs to stop acting so much like Carrie Bradshaw, or people are going to start realizing she wasn't really acting on that show.

So, anyway, I'm glad to be back online, and I hope everyone had an excellent Turkey Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Week Of Nov. 26, 2007: Idol Schmidol - Jordin Not Setting Off Sparks
Posted Wed. Nov 28, 3:47 PM ET by Paul Grein in Chart Watch

Josh Groban’s Noel becomes the first holiday album in 13 years to reach #1 on Nielsen/SoundScan’s list of the nation’s top sellers. But I’m more struck by the tepid entry at #10 of Jordin Sparks’ eponymous debut album. That’s the lowest entry to date for a debut album by an American Idol winner, taking that dubious title away from Season 3 champ Fantasia, whose Free Yourself opened at #8.

Sparks’ album sold 119,000 copies, which is a drop in the bucket compared to the 30,740,000 viewers who watched Sparks beat Blake Lewis in the Idol season finale last May. My arithmetic skills aren’t what they used to be, but I think that means that only about 1 in 250 Idol viewers went out and bought the album. (Where’s an eighth grader when you need one?)

Sparks’ opening week sales tally (as distinct from chart ranking) is also the lowest for a debut album by an Idol champ. It’s less than half of the opening week sales (298,000) rung up by Season 5 winner Taylor Hicks. It’s even less than half of the old low-end record tally (240,000) held by Fantasia. Sparks’ opening week total is scarcely more than that achieved by Season 5 runner-up Katharine McPhee (116,000). To put these numbers in a little perspective, the strongest opening for a debut album by an Idol winner is Ruben Studdard’s Soulful, which opened with sales of 417,000. (Clay Aiken, who was runner-up to Studdard in Season 2, had the strongest opening of any Idol contestant to date. His Measure Of A Man started with sales of 613,000.)

Part of the problem may be Sparks’ single, “Tattoo.” It’s an attractive, well-crafted single, but also an utterly generic one. It could be by just about anybody. It gives little hint as to what makes Sparks unique