Welcome to Coley B's Blog-O-Rama of Drama

Blogstress, Cole Bronn, writes little tidbits and occasionally rants about American Idol and other celebrity gossip. And she knits too.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Tivo Update: New Show THIS WEEK!!!

If you watch a shitload of tv, this post if for you. If not, don't bother reading, but, you might become a shitload of tv watcher after taking some of my suggestions. Plus, I will try to be funny. Hopefully you will get one laugh. And who doesn't like to laugh. The Grinch and few other a-holes, but I'm sure they are not reading my blog.
So, the writer's strike is reality. There's no denying it. The reports are out that after this week's episode, THE OFFICE is officially in reruns and they layed off 104 "below the line" (translate, lower salary) production people last week. Very sad. The fact is, when the show goes into reruns, the writer's still get what they call residual pay. So the money keeps rolling in...and the poor chick that drags the donuts in and makes the coffee is the one that won't be able to pay her rent next month. Very, very sad situation.
Word on the street is that there will be no 24 in January, which is a lucky break for Keifer Sutherland, so he can do his 45 days in the pokey for drinking and driving. Ugly Betty only has 4 more episodes and Marc Cherry, creator of Desperate Housewives, says they have filmed up to an episode where someone gets eaten up by a tornado, and viewers will have to wait a while to find out who "isn't in Kansas anymore" (translate...DEAD). (I said this, not him).
So what is on my TIVO? Duh...Reality TV. Now, don't label me as unsympathetic to the cause. We are a union household. And I support my share of tv with storylines, God knows. But someone has to work on the reality tv shows as well. And Reality TV does result in good stuff...There would be no blog called Cole Dishes on Idol, without the IDOL!!! And for that matter, no Kelly Clarkson, no Carrie Underwood, no Chris Daughtry. I mean people, think of a world without American Idol. I shutter even typing the letters. Elizabitch Hasselback was on Survivor...(ok, she's irritating as hell but she did get Rosie off tv, if only for a while, so I give her points there). I learned about Whirling Dirvishes on Amazing Race...which is better than most episodes on the Travel Channel. So, back to what's on my TIVO...
PROJECT RUNWAY STARTS THIS WEEK. Just set your TV. It's on Wednesday night. I will be writing about this weekly 4 sure. I know Lu and Amy will be in on this with me. And AMAZING RACE just started on Sunday last week. More detailed post on those in a bit. I want to do a little research, etc.
Things I deleted: Gossip Girl (sorry Marilyn). Private Practice (I call this Grey's Anatomy 'The stupid edition')...I just can't get into it. this is a case of a bunch of pretty people do not add up to a really good show. The sum of the parts does not bring that synergy that I was expecting. And I love the guy from Wings. I really do. Me and Jerry Seinfeld. (Hey I bought a Bee Movie Happy Meal yesterday...hee hee..bzz bzz...I digress)
And of course, that Making the Great American Band Show is off. I could not even make it through 3 episodes. Those bands sucked. I mean that was awful. It's sad but that little 12 year old rocker band was sort of my favorite..and they sucked. They aren't even old enough to have zits and pubic hair for god sakes, how can they be rockers? To say the lead singer is hot, falls in the category of pedophile. Why was there no age limit on this stupid ass show. Especially when they look to be competing against another band where the lead singer looks like he keeps his teeth in a glass on his nightstand at night. He's old, lemme tell you.
Dirty Sexy Money continues to thrill me. I love that freakin' show. I heard a rumor (spoiler alert) that the tranny is not long for the show. Must not be testing well in focus groups.
Ok, well that's it for now. The take-away in this ramble is TAPE PROJECT RUNWAY.

Bye now.

1 comment:

Lu said...

I have the Amazing Race on the Tivo, but just can't get into it. Need to try to watch it and then I can get behind it. I've never watched Project Runway since I didnt have Bravo until now, so I will jump on that bandwagon.

I miss you Cole. See you soon!